Director, Direct Investments, Sustainability and Energy Transition
The Director, Direct Investments will be a key part of building and executing on Wittington’s new direct private equity platform, focused on sustainability and the energy transition (“SET”).
Reporting to the Managing Director, Direct Investments you will be part of a small, entrepreneurial investment team seeking to build a private equity investment portfolio and generate attractive risk-adjusted returns though an investment mandate supporting decarbonization and sustainability. Key functions include strategy, research and business development, transaction and partners’ sourcing, due diligence and transaction execution, and portfolio company management.
Who You’ll Work With:
- The core direct private equity team, of which you will be 1 of 3 initially, will also include a Managing Director and Associate.
- As part of your investment activities, you will also engage with the broader investment team, including the private equity funds team and venture teams, as well as the group president and senior executive investment committee members.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Support the development and design of the direct private equity SET portfolio
- Research, monitor and analyze trends and developments in targeted sectors, and apply these to the investment mandate and portfolio
- Identify and validate attractive investment opportunities
- Build and foster external professional network and partnerships with strategic partners, companies, advisors and industry participants
- Lead analysis, due diligence, modeling and investment execution process
- Support and lead terms negotiations, documentation
- Engage with investee companies and partners on portfolio company management, governance and performance tracking. Develop monitoring and risk management processes.
- Coordinate and support the operational, legal and tax review of investments.
- Develop and maintain relationships with team members across the organization.
Experience, competencies and behavioural attributes include:
- 7-10 years of experience in investments, preferably private equity. Broad knowledge of capital markets, credit, equities, and other alternative investments
- Strong Investment acumen, ability to evaluate investment opportunities relative to risk. Ideally, a proven tack record of transaction sourcing, execution and portfolio management
- Energy sector and SET knowledge and experience a differentiator. Understanding of ESG and sustainable investing principles, passion for sustainable investing
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Business development and relationship management capabilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and proven presentation skills. Ability to communicate clearly with internal colleagues and external parties. Experience and/or the ability to credibly present to an Investment Committee and/or investment team.
- MBA and/or CFA a plus
Wittington Investments, Limited is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We know our success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees. Diverse backgrounds and experiences make our business stronger.
If you are contacted for a job opportunity and require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can ensure you have an accessible candidate experience throughout the recruitment process. All requests are confidential and used only to meet candidate needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.