Website Wells Frago
About This Role
Wells Fargo is seeking an Equity Optimization and Social Impact Investing Director in Managed Solutions as part of Wealth & Investment Management. This role will lead the transition for the proprietary investment teams to become more WIM centric and a trusted partner with the Financial Advisors. The Director will have 7 direct reports and manage an overall team of 23 employees primarily located in the Charlotte area managing over $16B in assets and 13,000 accounts. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
In This Role, You Will
- Manage strategic business leadership and guidance to areas of responsibility or companywide functions
- Set and implement high level strategy on business, product, or customer needs
- Experience developing and promoting risk framework for these teams
- Manage the process of researching potential investment opportunities by focusing on issuer’s business fundamentals, capital structure, and overall credit worthiness
- Manage and review the performance of the investment staff and ensuring that their professional development is being properly mentored
- Lead highly complex or multiple functions within Wells Fargo
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including more experienced managers
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Investment Portfolio Management
- Develop and guide a culture of talent development to meet business objectives and strategy
- 8+ years of experience in Investment Portfolio Management, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of Management experience
- Proven transformational leadership experience in an Investment Management organization where opportunities for change were identified, effective strategies were created to achieve the change and the plan was executed by inspiring others
- Tax Optimization investment and leadership experience
- ESG investment and leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience developing and promoting risk framework for investment teams
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior-level investment leaders
- Established ability to bridge communication and build effective partnership between product, research, and sales & support teams
- Experience working with InvestCloud, Aladdin, 55IP or similar technology
- FINRA registration including Series 65 (or FINRA recognized equivalent)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position
- FINRA Series 65 examinations, or equivalent must be completed within a 90 -day time period following commencement of employment, depending upon the number of license(s) needed if not immediately available to transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted. This will be communicated at time of offer acceptance
- Compliance with state law registration and licensing requirements is mandatory
- In addition to state registration and licensing requirements, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply
- Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards
- Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA licensing review process at the time of offer acceptance
- For specific FINRA qualification exams obtained after 9/30/2018, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam co-requisite may also be required
- This position is subject to FINRA Background Screening Requirements, including successful completion and clearing of a background check. Internal transfers are subject to comply with 17 CFR 240.17f-2 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and FINRA Bylaws, Article III, Section 3, which states that Associated Persons should not be subject to statutory disqualification. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and are required to report certain incidents.
- This position is not eligible for VISA sponsorship
- This position offers a hybrid work schedule
- Less than 10% travel
- 550 S. Tryon Street – Charlotte, NC 28202
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.