Website Wellington Management
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About The Role
As part of the continued growth and globalization of the firm’s Sustainable Investment platform, we are seeking to recruit an Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Analyst to the Investment Research team. Based in Boston, this individual will conduct fundamental ESG research, bringing a deep understanding of the material ESG issues within their coverage sector of North America Financials, and will effectively communicate differentiated investment insights to Equity and Fixed Income Portfolio Managers and Analysts across the firm, so that they can be incorporated into our clients’ portfolios
In addition, the ESG Analyst will be responsible for leading the stewardship activities for the sector by making voting recommendations to equity holders, and for maintaining and executing engagements on ESG topics with company management teams and Boards, in collaboration with other investors at the firm. S/he will also have the opportunity, as appropriate, to represent the team and communicate the firm’s ESG integration process to clients, consultants, and prospects.
The following essential skills are required for the role:
- Investment acumen and passion – We are seeking an ESG Analyst who is passionate about both markets and sustainability issues and has experience analyzing ESG issues in the investment process. The ideal candidate will bring subject matter expertise on governance topics and environmental and social issues, along with an understanding of how these issues can impact the financial performance of companies in the sector and an investment thesis.
- Superior collaboration and influencing skills – The successful candidate will enjoy contributing to a highly collaborative investment environment and will embrace the benefits of overlapping lines of idea generation. S/he will build strong trusting relationships internally with colleagues and externally with clients, prospects, and company management teams and boards. The ability to provide a point of view and challenge the status quo is critical, as is the humility to admit mistakes and a desire to learn from others; s/he must recognize the benefits of diverse perspectives. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) action-oriented investment recommendations clearly and with conviction and contribute to an open sustainable investment dialogue is important.
- Growth mindset – The flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving and growing as an analyst. S/he will have a global perspective and creative approach for thinking about innovation and the evolution of sustainable investing and ESG integration.
Additional qualifications and individual characteristics include:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a related role ideally at an investment management organization;
- Significant experience in the Financials sector is essential;
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail;
- Ability to set priorities and execute a research agenda;
- Capacity for differentiated thinking and ability to problem solve effectively;
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to work well in a small, collaborative team, while also communicating and interacting with a broader group of investment professionals;
- Independence of thought, intellectual curiosity, and an entrepreneurial nature;
- Global perspective and a growth mindset; and
- Strong academic credentials: advanced degree/CFA preferred.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That’s ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com.