Headquartered in Zurich and New York, Vontobel Asset Management is a specialist investment manager with a multi-boutique approach. Each of our boutiques draws on dedicated investment talent, an established performance culture and robust risk management. We provide leading-edge products and solutions for both institutional and intermediary clients with a strong commitment for delivering performance.
Within the Sustainable Equities boutique, we are expanding our long standing, successful Global Impact team. As pioneers, the team implements global equity strategies, which seek two equally important goals: attractive long-term returns, and a positive impact for the planet as well as society, by investing in companies that deliver solutions to address the most pressing global and societal challenges. We strongly believe that strong, sustainable business models are the essentials of financial performance and effective impact.
We are looking for an implementation portfolio manager, who in this newly created role will act as de facto head of operations for a long-standing, successful team facing prospects of accelerating growth over the next 12-24 months.
- support the lead portfolio managers and the head of the impact team in operational matters
- Ensure that all portfolios are implemented according to the model portfolio and assume all related operational tasks (trade orders, cash balances, FX transactions, asset reconciliation, position monitoring, reporting and documentation)
- Drive key initiatives in improving and automating further some key steps of the investment process
- Interact and work closely with specialists in areas such as risk management, reporting and data management
- Prior experience in operational portfolio management – in particular, a strong familiarity with operational procedures and common tools in trade executions.
- An appetite for technology and data management
- Initiative and a capacity to propose and innovate
- An interest in sustainable impact investing
- Able to work very diligently with a high level of accuracy, and under limited supervision for routine situations
- Keen to perform the extra-mile with solutions requiring deeper analysis and close cooperation with specialists
- A team player, flexible, open-minded and eager to deliver and find solutions
- Fluent in English – ideally multicultural, with some international experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (economics or business degree preferred)
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form.