Role and responsibilities
iShares has the largest sustainable ETF platform in the U.S., with over $55 billion in assets under management. The Sustainable Product Strategist will be responsible for helping to grow this platform by evolving the way advisors understand, analyze, and implement Sustainable funds within their portfolios.
This role will help drive the growth of iShares Sustainable ETFs within U.S. Wealth Advisory through client engagement and education, content and thought leadership, analytics, and other strategic initiatives.
This role reports to a Director/senior product strategist on the iShares Sustainable Product Strategy team and will work closely with team members and partners in U.S. Wealth Advisory, Marketing, Product and Portfolio Consulting, and the BlackRock Sustainable Investing teams.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Partner with client-facing and distribution teams to deliver expertise on sustainable investing, product, industry landscape, and competitors in meetings and presentations.
- Frequent travel throughout the country and potentially other regions for client engagements including roadshows and conferences (when deemed safe and appropriate).
- Collaborate with team-members and other partners to develop commercial content, analytics, and other resources to help clients understand the case for sustainable investing, navigate our products, and implement within portfolios.
- Lead the development of internal educational and sales enablement resources, such as through the development of competitor analyses, talking points and performance attribution.
- Drive education for internal sales and partner teams on sustainable investing by developing content and leading trainings.
- Contribute to the development of platform strategy across distribution, product, marketing, and thought leadership focused on financial advisors.
- Lead the execution of strategic projects by drafting the plans, organizing the workstreams, and driving engagement and alignment with internal and external partners.
This is a dynamic role in one of the fastest growing ETF categories, with the opportunity to help catalyze sustainable investing and define how investors can implement it in their portfolios.
Qualifications And Experience
- 5+ years of related industry experience. The ideal candidate will have strong client-facing experience and familiarity with sustainable investing
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Track record of driving results and working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic and analytical problem solver with excellent written and quantitative skills, as well as the ability to articulate and communicate sophisticated concepts into simple terms
- Strong commercial market awareness, client acuity, attention to detail and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to form relationships within the firm, and to work well across investment teams, sales, product teams and external influencers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct, FactSet and ESG data providers/research a plus
- BA/BS required; Series 7, 63 preferred
- CFA, CIMA, CFP, or other Finance/Investments related qualifications a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.