Website UNICEF USA
UNICEF USA (“UUSA” or “We”) relentlessly pursues a more equitable world for every child, upholding the rights of all children and empowering every child, everywhere. We also support the fundamental belief that children should have a voice and role in shaping their futures and the futures of their communities.
Over eight decades, the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) has built an unprecedented global support system for the world’s children, and has boldly taken on the biggest, seemingly impossible challenges facing children. UNICEF relentlessly works day in and day out to deliver the essentials that give every child an equitable chance in life: health care and immunizations, safe water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA advances the global mission of UNICEF by rallying the American public to support the world’s most vulnerable children.
We know that sustainable change is attainable, but it can’t be achieved alone. It takes a committed team – individuals, governments, corporations, volunteers and staff – who demonstrate a relentless commitment to working tirelessly, day in and day out in some of the toughest, hardest to reach places. Big problems need big solutions, and we harness our collective, global voice and energy to do more good, in more places for children. We will never stop supporting UNICEF to develop smarter, more cost-effective solutions; scaling up proven, data-driven programs; and harnessing new technologies to create measurable change for children.
UUSA is organized under the laws of New York State as a not-for-profit corporation. As such, UUSA is a tax-exempt organization as defined under Section 501C(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and is governed by an independent, non-salaried Board of Directors.
Position: Impact Investing Manager, UNICEF USA Impact Fund for Children
Location: New York City / Hybrid
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: The estimated salary range for this position is $98,000 – $110,200. This midpoint for the salary grade is $122,400. Actual pay will vary based on various factors, including but not limited to relevant experience.
The Impact Fund for Children is an impact investing affiliate of UNICEF USA that uses innovative finance tools to enhance UNICEF’s ability to achieve its mission worldwide for every child. We established our first fund, the Bridge Fund, in 2011, which remains our core business today, and have launched specific single-use funds based on UNICEF needs (i.e. Fast Fund to help UNICEF during COVID). The Bridge Fund accelerates funding to UNICEF to bridge the timing gaps that arise between when financial commitments are made and cash is secured to ensure its life-saving work continues seamlessly around the world when speed or continuity is essential.
The Impact Fund seeks to manage the Bridge Fund with a focus on capital efficiency and impact maximization and to drive adoption of the recently launched Child-Lens Investing Framework and Toolkit. As part of driving adoption, we will partner with UNICEF and Fund Managers to incorporate Child-lens Investing into new and existing investment strategies.
With large, unmet global financing needs for children and inadequate progress on child-related indicators for the Sustainable Development Goals 2030 (the “SDGs”), we seek to maximize the potential of impact investing to enable UNICEF and UNICEF USA to foster systemic, sustainable improvements in child survival and socio-economic opportunity. Our vision is to position UNICEF, UNICEF USA, and the Impact Fund as the brands offering some of the most attractive funding opportunities for impact investors and catalytic donors seeking to help solve the biggest challenges confronting children worldwide.
The Impact Investing Manager is a critical role for the Impact Fund that leads day-to-day financial operations and modeling for the Bridge Fund. The Manager also works on strategic financial opportunities and helps to structure partnerships for managers adopting Child-Lens Investing. We seek a team player with the versatility to support a team with diversifying needs, superb analytical and financial skills and excellent communication skills. While this is a technical role, it is one that equally requires the candidate to partner with all UNICEF USA business units, think strategically, and communicate clearly and effectively through written and verbal means.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Conduct, prepare and present underwriting and due diligence using existing models to senior management and the Board for all Bridge Fund transactions. This includes providing clear and concise financial analyses, evaluating financial health of counterparties, and diligencing new financial structures as they arise.
- Perform cash-flow modeling and liquidity analyses for the Bridge Fund to drive capital efficiency.
- Oversee and optimize cash flow and portfolio management policies and procedures to drive enhanced operations for the Bridge Fund.
- Assist in Impact Fund strategy and operating plan development. Create financial models for long-term projections and scenario analyses. Track budgeted revenue and expenses aligned with strategic plan.
- Lead engagement with the UNICEF USA Finance department, assisting in preparation of annual auditing requirements and quarterly and annual statements.
- Support curation of insights and content for transparent, accurate and compelling Board, investor, and other stakeholder materials.
- Drive impact and financial data for quarterly report to investors and donors and annual covening for investors.
- Assist with management of key relationships with UNICEF stakeholder groups including the Private Partnerships Division, Supply Division, and Innovative Finance Teams.
- Actively manage key components of the operating plan to drive adoption and implementation of Child-lens Investing across the public and private impact investing markets. This includes driving and assisting with special projects including market research, landscape analysis, investor convenings, etc.
- Mentor/coach Senior Associate, Impact Fund for Children.
- 4+ years of work experience in financial services field, either nonprofit or private sector (i.e. investment banking, private equity, development finance, community development, venture capital, impact investing, etc.)
- Direct experience with financial modeling, underwriting and structuring of innovative finance, impact investing or blended finance transactions
- Knowledge and experience in impact investing strongly preferred
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in Finance, Accounting a plus
- Familiarity with equity and fixed income products
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills for financial modeling and strong Microsoft Suite skills for Word and PowerPoint materials
- Strong writing skills with ability to digest complex concepts in simple terms
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability to work independently and lead projects; ability to take initiative, think strategically and work creatively
- A genuine team player with outstanding interpersonal skills to interface with people at all levels, backgrounds and departments, such as Finance, Marketing and Development
- Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UNICEF USA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. UUSA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.