Bank | Asset Manager
Are you passionate about Sustainable Investing and researching environmental and social themes? Do you have experience engaging with companies on sustainability issues? Do you want to influence companies to lower their carbon profile or improve their impact on society?
We are looking for someone just like that to:
- Conduct research on social and environmental themes and their relevance across different industries
- Support and lead environmental and social engagements with companies to achieve sustainable outcomes across portfolios
- Help scale our thematic engagement activities across the investment platform by collaborating on research, conducting corporate engagements, and enabling fundamental analysts to lead company engagements
- Manage relationships with collaborative industry initiatives and coordinate collaborative engagements on environmental and social themes at corporate and advocacy level
- Create materials to showcase engagement outcomes for our stakeholders
The Sustainable Investing (SI) Research & Stewardship Team is a dedicated group of SI research and stewardship analysts within the Sustainable Investing team who work closely with portfolio managers and fundamental analysts across asset classes. The team is currently located mainly in London and Zurich, and has been expanding on the ground presence in APAC (Hong Kong and Singapore). This role will be located could be located in a Europe, US or APAC.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience within sustainable investment with background and experience in driving corporate engagements linked to sustainability and climate risk in particular
- Strong knowledge of ESG issues in general and interest in analysing ESG issues & themes
- Broad understanding of investment markets
- Communication skills to engage with senior management of companies, to manage engagement progress and outcomes and link these to proxy voting recommendations and other actions
- Ability to effectively communicate engagement and investment insights on ESG issues & themes to PMs/ analysts to be incorporated in investment decision making
- Outcomes driven approach with positive response to challenges and targets
- Presence, maturity and credibility to deal with sensitive and contentious matters when engaging with senior individuals at public companies
- Flexible, responsive and self-starting approach; open-minded thought process and intellectual curiosity
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.