Bank | Asset Manager
UBS has been at the forefront of sustainable finance for more than 20 years. Would you like to have a real impact by addressing environmental and social issues through our role in financial markets? Are you skilled to support the implementation of climate risk standards in a leading global financial firm?
Do you have experience in ESG and sustainable investing?
We are looking for someone like you to:
• contribute to the evaluation of ESG/ sustainable investment and lending products from a risk management perspective
• support implementation of the recommendation of the Financial Stability Board’s Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) by further developing UBS’s climate risk management and control, and disclosure
• contribute to portfolio reviews and support the further development of sustainability and climate risk appetite, methodologies, tools and processes contribute to trainings of business and control functions
• contribute to reporting, external disclosure and communication.
• contribute to trainings of business and control functions
• monitor regulations and financial industry standards.
You’ll be working in the Sustainability and Climate Risk team located in Zürich, Switzerland. As a part of Group Risk Control, the team has firm-wide responsibility for the development and implementation of principles and controls to manage sustainability and climate risks. As a risk control specialist you’ll act as second line of defense and partner with the business to manage regulatory and associated risks.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in environmental, climate science or sustainability studies, finance, economics or business administration
• 5+ years of experience in a risk control or sustainable investing function in the financial sector and/or equivalent management consulting experience in the same content area
• a good understanding of, or strong interest in climate risk reporting, knowledge of key international sustainable finance standards
• skilled communicator who adapts style to audience and conveys clear, accurate and concise information
• business focused and a good project manager able to work independently and across a broad agenda, and with a diverse network of internal clients and across various cultures
• able to deliver on targets also in an extended home-office setup
• self-directed, outcome-oriented, hardworking and collaborative team player
• fluent in English a must, other languages a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.