Bank | Asset Manager
Job Reference #
- support the development and implementation of risk identification and control frameworks for sustainability and climate risk
- assess sustainability and climate risk data based on models to evaluate related risks
- contribute to portfolio reviews and support the further development of sustainability and climate risk appetite, methodologies, tools and processes
- use your knowledge to train other businesses and control functions on the importance of sustainability and climate risk
- contribute to reporting, external disclosure and communication
- monitor regulations and financial industry standards
You’ll be working in the Sustainability and Climate Risk team, in New York City. As a part of Group Risk Control, the team has firm-wide responsibility for the development and implementation of principles and controls to manage sustainability and climate risks. As a risk control specialist you’ll act as second line of defense and partner with the business to manage regulatory and associated risks.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in environmental, climate science or sustainability studies, finance, economics or business administration
- 2-5 years of experience in a risk control, sustainable investing function in the financial sector and/or equivalent corporate or management consulting experience in a relevant content area
- a good understanding of, or strong interest in managing sustainability risks or projects, climate risk modelling, knowledge of key international sustainable finance
- skilled communicator who adapts style to audience and conveys clear, accurate and concise information
- business focused and a good project manager able to work independently and across a broad agenda, and with a diverse network of internal clients and across various cultures
- able to deliver on targets also in an extended home- office setup
- self-directed, outcome-oriented, hardworking and collaborative team player
- fluency in English a must, other languages are a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How We Hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
CA, CO, WA and NY based roles: The salary range for this role is $80,000 to $100,000 based on experience, education, and skill level. This role may be eligible for discretionary incentive compensation. For benefits information: ubs.com/usbenefits.