Bank | Asset Manager
Job Reference #
Are you looking for a unique role bridging the social and financial sectors? Do you have deep knowledge on philanthropy or the development sector? Are you conceptionally strong, with solid technical analytical and presentation skills, and able to lead, coordinate and program manage complex multi-stakeholder relationships in the area of philanthropy and social finance?
In your role as Director Strategic Partnerships, you’ll:
- primary interface for our institutional partners, including government entities, other foundations, industry associations, impact-focused intermediaries and platforms in the financial industry
- support our programmatic and client facing teams
- act as subject matter expert, driving institutional partnerships for impact at scale
- further develop our institutional CRM system
- develop methods and operational procedures to drive further impact and business relevant results
UBS Philanthropy Services is a unique award-winning offering that partners with clients to maximize their impact locally, nationally and globally. We provide comprehensive advice, insight experiences and execution services, and employ an investment-based approach to deliver solutions to pressing social and environmental issues. We are pioneers and innovators in the sector of social finance.
With a team of almost 150 philanthropy experts across the globe, including the UBS Optimus Foundation (UBSOF) an expert grant-making foundation established by UBS in 1999, delivering breakthrough solutions to social and environmental issues. We take smart risks on evidence-based, scalable solutions with diverse partners. We’re focused on improving health, education and child protection systems as well as tackling environmental degradation and climate change – as this is an important path to a sustainable future.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
- the ability to think strategically, conceptualize ideas, and implement them effectively
- technical skill set of a strategy consultant
- deep knowledge on philanthropy and social investments and ability to talk confidently around these topics
- experience in the development or philanthropy sector, in a programmatic, social investment or in a fundraising capacity
- the persistence, intellectual presence and relatable personality to negotiate on our behalf with UBS Optimus Foundation’s internal and external stakeholders to strengthen our impact agenda
- ideally an understanding of the public sector, specifically multilateral donors and development finance arms of governments
- presentation and representation skills with the ability to represent us confidently in negotiations, or more public appearances at relevant conferences
UBS is the world’s largest and the only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors..
We have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries.
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.