Bank | Asset Manager
Job Reference #
Position based in Zürich, Switzerland or London, United Kingdom
Are you a multitasker? Are you solid as a rock when you’re juggling a lot of projects? Are you passionate about delivering sustained impact for children and young people around the world?
We’re looking for a Program Manager in the Social Finance team of the UBS Optimus Foundation to provide high-quality deliverables including but not limited to:
- Social investments and blended finance: support in sourcing social investments and developing blended finance structures with UBS. Assessing and executing potential social investment opportunities in the UBS Optimus Foundation’s priority thematic areas of Health, Education, Child protection and Environment from both impact and financial angles. Preparing investment memoranda and term sheets, coordinating throughout the investment process and investment structuring process with external and internal parties, manage various work streams to ensure the execution of transactions, work against timelines.
- Program Design: with a particular focus on outcomes-based financing, co-design and support the project team with financial modeling, data collection and analysis, desk research, literature review, prepare materials and presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Proposals: develop content and lead drafting of RFPs and responses to RFPs and concept notes, work plans, budgets
- Reporting and Approvals: support with internal and external reporting and approval processes for both social investments and programs
- Investment and program management: support the monitoring and performance management of investments and programs throughout implementation, working together with investees and implementing partners across the world
- Collaborate with UBS Optimus Foundation and UBS teams across priority thematic areas and geographies
You will be working in the Social Finance team at the UBS Optimus Foundation.
UBS Optimus Foundation is an expert foundation that helps UBS clients use their wealth to drive positive social change for children and young people. In 2021, UBS Optimus Foundation provided around CHF100m of funding to programs in health, education, child protection and the environment around the world, predominantly in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
The Foundation is recognized as a pioneer in the social finance space. Our aim is to draw new types of capital to the development sector and increase the focus on social and environmental outcomes and results by linking performance to payment. We use a wide range of tools to achieve impact: grant making, result-based financing such as outcome contracts, and social investments (debt, equity, convertibles) into impactful businesses. We actively work with other parts of UBS to leverage solutions to mobilize more private capital for development through blended finance.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
- a master’s degree and least 2-3 years of professional experience in international development, impact investing or social finance
- investment management and program management experience
- good understanding of the development sector with a particular focus on either health, education or climate & environment topics
- good understanding of blended finance structuring concepts and fund management
- good quantitative skills, skilled in analyzing financial statements, financial modelling, and familiar with equity valuation methods
- strong written and oral communication skills in English
- flexible in your working style, able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, able to quickly get up to speed on a new area, identify issues and key focus areas and willing to work in a demanding environment both proactively and independently
- able to travel up to 5-10% of the time
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.