Website UBS Optimus Foundation
Bank | Asset Manager | NGO
Job Reference #
Are you an expert in innovative finance for development? Are you passionate about delivering sustained impact for children and youth around the world? We are looking for a Program Director of Social Finance in India (Mumbai based) for the UBS Optimus Foundation.
The role includes responsibility for:
– Shaping and growing UBS Optimus Foundation’s social finance footprint in South Asia, working closely with the global UBS Optimus Program team, the India Philanthropy Services team and UBS’s impact and sustainable investing teams
– Creating a pipeline of innovative, best practice grants and social impact investments
– Performance management of South Asia (and some global) programs to the full impact potential, work closely with partners to build capacity and disseminate successes and learnings.
– Active member of a team shaping the strategy and portfolio management including focused programs in education, health, child protection and the environment. The portfolio may include both social finance and grant-funded programs.
– Representing the UBS Optimus Foundation in India and maintaining expertise on key sector developments and best practices
You’ll be working in the Mumbai office of the UBS Optimus Foundation, an expert grant-making foundation that helps UBS clients use their wealth to drive positive social change for children. In 2017 UBS Optimus Foundation granted around CHF60m to programs in child health, education and child protection around the world, predominantly in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
This role is crucial to Optimus’ success in improving children’s lives. The role is responsible for developing a high impact portfolio of social impact investments, exploring new and innovative models to maximize social outcomes through social investment. You will also be liaising with donors and representing UBSOF externally with many stakeholders. You will be part of a small entrepreneurial team shaping and growing Optimus’s work. In India, you will be working closely with the India Head of UBS-OF and Philanthropy Services and Global Head of Social Finance together with the social finance and programs teams based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Zurich, London, and New York.
– At least 10 years’ work experience. Significant portion of work experience in grantmaking, innovative finance and international development in Asia
– Significant experience and networks in the area of innovative finance for global development or impact investing
– Track record of successfully delivering a multi-partner initiative in area of innovative finance and international development
– Previous experience working with private philanthropists or private investors, or in management consulting
– Grant-making and/or program management experience (preferably in Education, Health or the Environment)
– Good understanding of innovations and best practices in financing for development
– Entrepreneurial and excited to work in a start-up phase of an organization, comfortable with uncertainty
– A strong analytical and qualitative problem-solver; able to quickly get up to speed on a new area, identify issues and key focus areas
– Comfortable working with a wide range of partners including UBS Optimus colleagues, UBS bank colleagues, clients, investees and other development stakeholders
– Team-oriented, flexible working style, able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
– Desirous to work in a dynamic, cooperative environment in which there is an emphasis on teamwork, adaptability, and continuous learning and improvement
– Possessing a superior work ethic; willing to work in a high demand environment both proactively and independently
– Willing to travel up to 25%– Fluent in English and Hindi. Other languages would be a plus.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How We Hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.