Website UBS Optimus Foundation
Job Reference #
Are you an expert in innovative finance for development? Are you passionate about shifting towards an impact economy together with a strong interest in addressing climate change? We are looking for a Program Director, Blended Finance for the UBS Optimus Foundation.
The role includes responsibility for:
- shaping and growing UBS Optimus Foundation’s social finance strategy and footprint globally
- working closely with the global UBS Optimus Foundation team, the Social Impact and Philanthropy Services teams and UBS’s impact and sustainable investing teams, Asset management, Wealth Management and Investment Bank divisions to develop blended finance products and funds
- creating a pipeline of innovative, best practice initiatives, including outcomes based financing related
- performance management of programs to the full impact potential, working closely with partners to build capacity and disseminate successes and learnings or identifying fund managers and strategic partnerships as required
- representing the UBS Optimus Foundation globally and in your region and maintaining expertise on key sector developments and best practices
You will be working in the Social Finance team at the UBS Optimus Foundation.
UBS Optimus Foundation is an expert foundation that helps UBS clients use their wealth to drive positive social and environmental change. In 2022, UBS Optimus Foundation was managing programs worth over USD 350 million in health, education, child protection and the environment around the world, predominantly in Africa and Asia.
The Social Finance team is focused on developing and implementing innovative finance solutions to drive impact with a particular strong focus on blended finance solutions. Our aim is to draw new types of capital to the development sector and increase the focus on social and environmental outcomes and results by linking performance to payments. We launched the world’s first Development Impact Bond in Education and since then have added a number of direct social investments and blended funds to our portfolio. Our work involves multi stakeholder partnerships across sectors, evidence based decision making, robust due diligence, monitoring and performance management, innovation and ecosystem building.
In addition, you will work closely with UBS Optimus Foundation program directors who cover the areas of focus for the Foundation, particularly in relation to the Environment.
- at least 12 years’ work experience. Significant portion of work experience in innovative impact finance and international development
- significant experience and networks in the area of innovative finance for global development or impact investing and a deep understanding of blended finance approaches
- experience with climate finance, especially nature-based solutions, will be a plus
- track record of successfully delivering a multi-partner initiative in the areas of innovative finance or international development
- previous experience working with private philanthropists and private (and institutional) investors
- grant-making and/or program management experience (preferably in the Environment, Education, or Health a plus)
- experience with financial analysis and modelling
- a strong analytical and qualitative problem-solver; able to quickly get up to speed on a new area, identify issues and key focus areas
- comfortable working with a wide range of partners including UBS Optimus colleagues, UBS bank colleagues, clients, investees and other development stakeholders
- willing to travel up to 25%
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.