Website UBS Optimus Foundation
Asset Manager | NGO
Job Reference #
Social Investments: As part of managing a growing portfolio of innovative direct social investments, predominantly in sub-Saharan Africa, South and Southeast Asia, the role will include:
- Legal due diligence and reviewing, drafting, negotiating and achieving execution of all transaction documents leading to closing new transactions as well as restructurings and exits or divestments in close collaboration with the investment teams
- Sourcing, instructing and managing external counsel for the same
- Evaluating and explaining complex legal issues concisely, and proactively proposing practical solutions in a timely manner to the investment teams
- Project-managing broader elements of transactions (such as tax, risk and compliance screenings) ensuring inputs and approval are obtained from relevant internal teams
- Collaborate with UBS Optimus Foundation and UBS internal teams as well as external stakeholders including the investees, co-investors and their counsels
Blended finance fund structures: As part of an emerging portfolio of blended finance vehicles developed in partnerships with UBS with the objective to bring new capital to the development sector, this role will include:
- Monitoring fund documentation, advising and assisting on legal matters throughout the life of the fund including for the preparation of General Partner Board meetings and Limited Partners Advisory Committee meetings.
- Supporting the development of new structures by leading feasibility assessments and proposing practical solutions given legal and regulatory considerations, in close collaboration with UBS Optimus Foundation and UBS legal, operations and investment teams.
You’ll be working at UBS Optimus Foundation, within the Social Finance team. UBS Optimus Foundation is an award-winning, expert foundation that helps UBS clients to drive viable, scalable solutions to the pressing issues and problems the world is facing.
UBS Optimus Foundation manages a portfolio of around CHF 350m in programs in health, education, child protection and the environment around the world, in Asia, Africa, Latin America, US and Europe.
The role is crucial to Optimus’ future success in improving children’s lives and leaving them a planet on which they can thrive. You will work closely with UBS Optimus Foundation’s other Program Directors, UBS’ Sustainable and Impact Investing colleagues as well as the legal and compliance functions in different locations across the world. You will be responsible for coordinating between team members and delivering on strategic social finance initiatives and driving impact in all that you do
- at least 7 years’ work experience. Significant portion of work experience in legal, structuring and operations management.
- Impact finance transactions experience, with experience working on innovative structures
- previous experience working with private investors, or in management consulting
- track record of successfully delivering multi-stakeholder initiatives
- Gravitas and maturity to work collaboratively with wide range of partners including UBS Optimus colleagues, UBS bank colleagues, senior management, clients, grantees and other development stakeholders
- Strong analytical problem-solver; able to quickly get up to speed, identify issues and key focus areas
- able to work independently in a high demand environment while proactively engaging with colleagues and sharing your knowledge and experience
- Comfortable working in a flexible environment, capable of managing multiple priorities simultaneously and dealing with uncertainty and change
- fluent in English, any additional languages a plus, in particular German and French
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How We Hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.