Bank | Asset Manager
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about Sustainable Investing (SI) and the environment? Do you have experience in climate-focused research and analysis? Do you want to drive meaningful change towards a Net Zero future?
We are looking for an SI Research Analyst – Climate to:
• Oversee the implementation and monitoring of our UBS Asset Management NetZero commitment
• Lead the application of climate risk (incl. physical and transition risk) management in the investment process across investment asset classes
• Lead the selection and application of appropriate climate related metrics and required analysis to support climate risk management from the perspectives of investment management and regulatory requirements.
• Work with our Quantitative Evidence and Data Science team to source and select climate related data sets
• Develop new and evolve existing net zero aligned methodologies across asset classes to support the evolution of net zero ambitions to include decarbonization, adaptation, mitigation and climate solutions.
• Ensure UBS advances in net zero aligned approaches by engaging with climate focused industry associations, key partners and regulators to shape industry standards and embed best practice at UBS
• Advance the climate education and fluency of the investment team through education and industry development updates
• Ensure alignment of UBS Asset Management with Group level progress on net zero ambitions
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
Sustainable Investing is a strategic priority for UBS Asset Management. The Sustainable team is a center of sustainable expertise comprised of research analysts, stewardship analysts and SI investment specialist roles. The SI Research Analyst focused on Climate will work closely with the SI team, investment teams and other functions across AM working to achieve our Net Zero commitment. The SI team is global with resources in APAC, Europe and the US. This role is location agnostic but will need to work across global timezones.
• Demonstrated climate change related expertise; qualitative and quantitative research in the fields of climate and or, environment
• Data analysis experience, particularly with climate-related data sets and metrics
• Cross asset class investment and portfolio management understanding essential
• Knowledge of climate risk management developments across the investment industry and passion to evolve leading practice for real world outcomes
• Self-motivated, and analytical mindset
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills to be effective as part of a multi-cultural and geographically distributed team
• Experience with data visualization tools and analytical tools
• Experience in Python and other languages a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.