Website The TCW Group
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as a Sustainable Investment Specialist. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Sustainable Investment Group (SIG) serving as a core member on the team, and will be an advocate and representative for TCW’s products and strategies. You will work across the firm with investment teams, Client Services, and Marketing, among other offices, in order to develop and manage TCW’s suite of sustainable products and solutions, and help develop future capabilities. The incumbent must also independently represent various investment team’s views, discuss the firm’s approach to ESG & Sustainability across our product line-up, and effectively communicate and manage key relationships internally and externally with clients, prospects, or other stakeholders.
- Partner with various investment teams, Client Service, and Marketing Group on new products and solutions and independently manages product research projects involving firm-wide cross-functional teams from inception through implementation
- Work with other partners at the firm to develop high-quality product materials including commentaries, presentation books, and other communication pieces, for a diverse set of partners, clients, and prospects.
- Conduct ongoing research and analysis of sustainable investment trends, market opportunities, regulations, and competitive landscape to inform product development and investment strategies.
- Provide ongoing support and communication to clients and internal stakeholders. Supports existing client portfolios and strategies, working with investment teams and Client Services to provide timely portfolio reviews, develop appropriate investment guidelines, and work with other teams to ensure proper implementation of client and fund guidelines.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a library of RFP and questionnaire responses, standard language, and other related content in order to provide the RFP team with accurate, high quality responses that reflect the latest content for SIG and work with investment team representatives to effectively craft and distribute shared content on sustainability and ESG integration at TCW.
- Develop and maintain a strong collaborative working relationships with stakeholders throughout the organization, as well as externally in the industry and uses the knowledge gained from these relationships to improve product research insights and the product research process.
- Strong education credentials – Bachelor’s Degree with in finance, economics, business or related field
- 5+ years of institutional investment experience and 2+ years of work experience in ESG or Sustainability related work
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry standards for sustainable investing products
- Prior experience in a client-facing role
- Understanding of fixed income, equities, or other financial products and investment strategies related to these asset classes
- Familiarity with financial market data sources (Bloomberg, Morningstar, Factset) and environmental, social and governance (ESG) data frameworks
Professional Skills Qualifications
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate investment opportunities, conduct market research, and assess the impact of investments on the environment, society, and corporate governance
- Excellent presentation and verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort juggling multiple priorities; strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Persistence, tenacity and drive for results
- Relevant certifications such as a CFA, CAIA, or SRI (Sustainable, Responsible, and Impact Investing) desired but not required
Base Salary: For CA based position, the base salary range is $150k to $175k. This is an anticipated range only.
Other Compensation: Eligible to be considered for an annual discretionary bonus
Benefits: Eligible for TCW’s comprehensive benefits package. See more information here .