Website Temasek Trust
About Temasek Trust
Temasek Trust, established by Temasek Holdings, is a steward of philanthropic assets, advocate of sustainability, and catalyst of positive impact. It provides governance and financial oversight of non-profit endowments and gifts for an ecosystem of entities with the shared purpose of building better for every generation by protecting the planet, uplifting communities, connecting people, and advancing capabilities. In forging new pathways for philanthropy and impact investing with like-minded partners, Temasek Trust aims to promote catalytic philanthropy as a force for good.
For more information, visit https://www.temasektrust.org.sg
About the Centre for Impact Investing and Practices
The Centre for Impact Investing and Practices (“CIIP”) fosters the growth of impact investing and practices in Asia and beyond by building and sharing knowledge, bringing together stakeholders in the community, and bringing about positive action that accelerates the adoption of impact investing. Based in Singapore, CIIP was established in 2022 as a non-profit centre by Temasek Trust, a steward of philanthropic endowments and gifts.
To achieve a sustainable future for all mankind, the world needs companies that can drive positive changes at scale through products and services. Impact investing can spur the growth of such companies and help advance solutions to address the challenges that the world faces today. We believe that sustainable companies are those who pursue social and environmental impact as avidly as they pursue profits and shareholder value. By striving to generate positive and measurable social and environmental returns alongside a financial return, both impact investors and companies can achieve returns with purpose.
We are SDG Impact’s anchor partner for Asia. SDG Impact is the United Nations Development Programme initiative tasked to develop resources that accelerate investments towards achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals by 2030.
For more information, visit www.ciip.com.sg
CIIP was launched in June 2022, with Temasek and ABC Impact as our strategic partners. We are a small team, and are looking for individuals who are excited about the potential of impact investing to address social and environmental challenges, and recognize the importance of bringing rigour to this process.
Designation: Associate Director, The Centre for Impact Investing and Practices (“CIIP”)
Reporting to: Director, The Centre for Impact Investing and Practices
Other Key Relationships: Temasek; ABC Impact; UNDP; Impact Investing ecosystem builders
- Work with partners to enable research which can lead to greater awareness and adoption of impact investing standards and tools
- Organise discussions which bring about better understanding of ecosystem building challenges and opportunities, and explore initiatives to address these challenges and opportunities
- Work with partners to drive programmes which catalyse impact investing activities in Asia
- Support team members where required, including conducting research or performing administrative duties
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree(s) in business administration, finance, economics, accounting, public policy or environmental studies
- At least 8 years of working experience, preferably in investment or sustainable development-related organisations, would be an advantage
- Experience in stakeholder engagement, programme development and implementation, and project management
- Understanding of Sustainable Development Goals and impact investing principles and standards
- Able to work independently, and yet be a good team player in a small, dynamic team
- Good communication skills, able to write, listen and persuade
- Good numerical skills, able to perform quantitative analysis
- Knowledge of Southeast Asian languages will be an advantage
Candidates may submit their applications to with subject line: [Associate Director, CIIP] [Your name]. Applications will be processed on a rolling basis and accepted until 28 Jun 2023.
Applicants who are not contacted within one month after the closing date should consider their applications filed for future reference.