Join our team.
The $100 million TELUS Pollinator Fund for Good is one of the world’s largest corporate social impact funds, making early stage investments into for-profit companies and founders committed to driving social innovation. The Pollinator Fund is an extension of TELUS’ long-standing commitment to leveraging the power of technology to drive positive social and environmental outcomes for all Canadians.
Pollinator has been moving quickly since launching just over two years ago. We have a growing portfolio of 25 companies led by ambitious and mission driven founders. We are a strong team of high-performing, collaborative, pun-loving individuals each with a strong sense of curiosity and deep commitment to impact.
We are now building a platform service for our portfolio to better support our founders with the critical insights, expertise, solutions, talent and community needed to accelerate the growth of their companies and impact. This is an instrumental function to the Fund’s success.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together.
As part of the TELUS Pollinator Fund, you will support the next generation of socially innovative businesses. As a member of the Platform Services team, you will be responsible for both fund and financial reporting, including supporting portfolio companies, as necessary, to help them scale their impact.
The opportunity to join the TELUS Pollinator Fund represents a dynamic opportunity to join a high-performing, collaborative team that is passionate about furthering TELUS’ Social Capitalism mandate and growing the impact investing ecosystem.
- Work closely with Director, Platform Services to support the development and delivery of the Fund’s Platform Services strategy;
- Fund modelling – Develop financial models and tools to support effective fund strategy development, governance and reporting;
- Reporting – Maintain an accurate and up to date fund management dashboard that will enable easy access to Fund’s KPIs related to dealflow, investments, capital pacing, impact monitoring, fund performance;
- Impact data collection – Oversee impact data collection, analysis and reporting in close collaboration with deal team
- Finance management – work closely with our finance team to manage the Fund’s financial operations and budget management
- Operations -manage internal processes and leverage new tools where appropriate to ensure efficient and timely fund operations
- Data insights – analyse Fund and market data to deliver up to date and dynamic insights that will help drive dealflow, support fund management and deliver portfolio value add.
- Support strategic communications activities and management of strategic partnerships
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- 5-7 years of experience in fund management transactions in private company investments and/or deal execution management, preferably in the venture capital, investment banking industry.
- Strong presentation and communication skills (with experience interacting with senior leaders in both large and small organizations).
- Excellent relationship management and collaboration skills including the ability to collaborate effectively in situations without formal influence & across geographies.
- Experience in technical, financial and management evaluation as part of investment due diligence and reporting.
- Experience in impact management and reporting an asset.
- CPA designation(s) would be highly desirable; MBA degree and/or a CFA an asset.
You will be successful if you have the following:
- Passion for solving challenging social and environmental problems and desire to create sustainable change.
- Superior relationship management and collaboration skills including the ability to collaborate effectively in situations without formal influence & across geographies.
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple, simultaneous projects and initiatives in the portfolio and work within an environment of rapid change and evolving priorities.
- Entrepreneurial spirit which will drive passionate ownership, process improvement and responsibility for the portfolio of investments.
- Strong team values.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized persons tend to only apply when they check every box. So, if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
The TELUS Pollinator Fund for Good provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Location: Vancouver preferred