Website TD Bank
Bank | Asset Manager
Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
TD Asset Management (TDAM), a member of TD Bank Financial Group, is a leading North American investment manager offering progressive investment solutions to both institutional and individual investors. For over two decades, the organization has established competitive market positions in active, quantitative, and passive portfolio management. As of June 30, 2022, TDAM and its affiliates manage over $398 billion in assets on behalf of pension, insurance, endowment/foundation, and corporate clients, as well as high-net worth clients and retail mutual funds.
In attaining this client commitment, TDAM has built one of Canada’s largest and most respected investment management and research teams with more than 220 Portfolio Managers, Associate Portfolio Managers, Traders and Analysts.
TDAM ESG Research and Engagement Team mandate
As a part of the TDAM Investment Team reporting to the CIO, the ESG Research and Engagement Team works to promote sustainability within TDAM investments and within the asset management industry. This team serves to coalesce TDAM’s ESG and sustainable investing approach and to inform internal investment teams as well as external partners and external stakeholders on investment related ESG issues across all TDAM mandates.
Responsibilities Of The ESG Research And Engagement Team Include
- Setting TDAM’s investment related ESG objectives – establishing and building consensus around a set of firm-level ESG objectives
- Producing investment ESG research – providing ESG analysis across portfolios and developing ESG-focused research and thought leadership for internal and external use
- Leading TDAM’s active ownership efforts – direct and collaborative ESG engagements with portfolio entities and assets and providing guidance to equity PMs on proxy voting matters
- Advancing ESG integration – advancing and monitoring ESG integration across portfolios paying particular attention to emerging ESG risks, industry best practices across different asset classes and regulatory developments that may impact portfolios
- Providing ESG content – Developing or supporting content for client communications regarding TDAM’s investment approach to ESG research, integration and stewardship
The ESG Research and Engagement Team serves as a key resource to the Investment Team by advancing the dialogue around critical ESG issues, building the tools necessary to manage ESG issues within portfolios, and keeping portfolio managers up to speed on the evolving ESG landscape.
TDAM is seeking a motivated individual to join our growing ESG Research and Engagement team. This individual will report to the head of ESG research and engagement team and will play a key role in supporting the team’s mandate. The role will provide the opportunity to contribute a diverse range of projects in a fast-paced, highly productive environment. The ideal candidate is ESG-aware, research-focused, and able to operate comfortably across several investment asset classes and with seasoned investment professionals
- Support the ESG Research and Engagement Team to advance ESG objectives and initiatives.
- Research relevant ESG issues at TDAM’s investee companies and its private markets asset classes (namely: real estate debt/equity, infrastructure) to support the firm’s ESG policy positions, engagement and proxy voting efforts.
- Analyze ESG metrics across portfolios, drawing attention to emerging risks and relevant topics for TDAM’s investment teams.
- Assist with the management of various Working Groups and internal ESG-focused Councils, including research, materials preparation, and meeting coordination
- Collaborate with investment teams to inform and support ESG integration efforts.
- Support in communicating TDAM’s ESG strategy to external parties via RFPs, DDQs, client portfolio reviews and pitches.
- Contribute to TDAM’s internal and external ESG thought leadership and support the development of TDAM’s annual flagship ESG reports (Sustainable Investment Report and TCFD Report).
- Bachelor’s degree required, finance and sustainability degrees preferred; pursuing or completed CFA designation will be an advantage
- Minimum of 2 years working in research and/or within the sustainable investing/finance industry
- Demonstrated ESG integration/investing training and awareness and genuine interest in advancing sustainability within asset management space
- Ease with data management, quantitative and qualitative analysis and research skills, excellent writing and presentation skills; ability to present and articulate complex concepts simply
- Familiarity with ESG integration and issues within alternative investments and private markets (e.g., real estate and infrastructure), would be an asset
- Ability to think independently and provide independent perspective on difficult issues where multiple conflicting views might exist
- Excellent team player, yet high level of self-motivation, ownership and initiative
- Familiarity with the evolving ESG/climate data landscape and analytical resources
- Occasional travel may be required
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.