Website T. Rowe Price
There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Lead PA, Impact & ESG, will:
- Partner with the assigned Portfolio Specialists (PS), ESG Investment Specialist (IS), the Responsible Investing and Corporate Governance teams to develop content and share insights on TRPs approach and strategy offerings in the Impact investing space and how TRP embeds an ESG orientation into the firm’s investment processes.
- Be a subject matter expert on Impact investing broadly, and TRP’s Impact strategies specifically, as well as wide-ranging ESG topics such as the Paris Accord, carbon footprint analysis, human rights etc.
- Stay current with the regulatory landscape impacting ESG and Impact investing.
- Be an expert in the various analytical resources available (i.e. Sustainalytics, MSCI ESG Ratings etc.).
- Provide support to the broader ISG team as needed.
Research & Analysis
- Maintain knowledge to act as a subject matter expert on assigned Impact strategy(ies) and ESG investing topics, taking into account financial market conditions, competitor analysis, asset class characteristics, portfolio construction and positioning to support the needs of the Responsible Investing and Corporate Governance teams, portfolio manager, portfolio specialist or investment specialist. Research conducted by the portfolio analyst will often provide direct support for marketing, sales, and client service efforts.
- Creates quality and nuanced investment messaging and analysis (including regular deliverables and responses to ad hoc requests) to effectively communicate and position results of analysis and inform key stakeholders. Messages are appropriately tailored for specific audiences and regions.
- Maintain expertise on multiple investment data applications (both internal and external) to extract investment data and conduct analysis.
Provide Leverage to Other Investment Professionals
- Represent the PM, PS, IS, and the Responsible Investing and Corporate Governance teams in response to associate and client inquiries, including ad hoc and follow-up prospect, client, and consultant questions.
- Act as an authoritative investment resource for content creation and review including custom presentations, exhibits, RFPs, marketing collateral, and analysis (i.e. on Impact investing themes and specific portfolio analysis, ESG topics/themes, on T Rowe Price’s approach to ESG) used by Investment Management, portfolio and investment specialists and the Business Units. Content is often appropriately tailored to applicable audience and region.
- Associate will likely be asked to participate in client meetings and/or client investment reviews.
Franchise & Topic Area Support
- Educate and train diverse groups of TRP associates about our approach to Impact investing, a broad range of ESG topics as well as the approach of our Responsible Investing and Corporate Governance teams. Messages will be appropriately tailored to business unit and region
- Partner with the IS to develop/maintain ESG-related RFP content as needed, and partner with the PS to develop/maintain RFP content for assigned Impact strategies.
- Support the full sales cycle (obtaining consultant ratings, prospecting, sales meeting preparation, real-time sales and client service meeting follow-up, client retention inquiries) for assigned strategies.
- Responsible for helping raise and maintain brand awareness globally by working with Marketing, PR, Distribution and other enterprise groups.
- Maintain relationships necessary to navigate an often-complex organizational structure and evolving regulatory environment to anticipate/respond to client needs.
- Mentor new and junior members of the team.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Academic excellence
- Minimum of 8 years Asset Management experience in a related field
- Charter Financial Analyst Accreditation (CFA) or currently working towards the CFA
- ESG subject matter expert
- Outstanding analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Proven experience using various analytical resources such as Sustainalytics and MSCI ESG Ratings
- Advanced Excel skills
- Significant institutional and/or intermediary investor experience
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with Portfolio Managers, Investment teams, subject matter experts, Portfolio Specialists/Investment Specialists, Distribution Associates
- Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience in communicating investment matters
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, responsible, with excellent attention to detail
- Can lead and drive analytical projects to successful conclusions
This role is eligible for remote work up to two days a week.
FINRA licenses are not required and will not be supported for this role.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Benefits: We invest in our people through a wide range of programs and benefits, including:
- Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions
- Flexible and remote work opportunities
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Tuition assistance
- Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program)
Our policies may change as our working lives evolve. Yet, our commitment to supporting our associates’ well-being and addressing the needs of our clients, business, and communities is unwavering.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.