Website T. Rowe Price
There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
The Head of ESG Product, Strategy & Analytics is a new role and will be a senior leader in the ESG Enablement function. The individual will sit on both the ESG Enablement Leadership Team and the Global Product Leadership Team and will collaborate on our overall vision for ESG, our product roadmap and regional execution. It is envisaged that they will be supported by a small team.
They will be responsible for two complementary areas and sets of deliverables.
ESG Strategy: will have responsibility for developing and advancing the firm’s ESG strategy & messaging. There will also be a requirement to develop corresponding action/implementation plans. This will involve working with the Head of ESG Enablement, subject matter experts and multiple functions across the firm, to gather perspectives and drive alignment. Developing a deep understanding of client trends across different channels and geographies will also be important.
ESG Product: will help formulate our ESG product strategy across asset classes and geographies. The focus is on ensuring T. Rowe Price has a well positioned range of ESG-focused investment options for our clients across the world. This will involve acting as a liaison between business lines to develop & advance the firm’s ESG product strategy and drive cross-functional consistency and coordination. In partnership with Asset Class and Vehicle Product Managers, the position will help develop or lead, and execute product strategy (including product roadmaps), product development, and product management initiatives.
This is a global role and it is expected that the individual will be able to develop strategy & product plans from both a global and regional perspective.
For both the strategy and product areas, analytics will form an important part of the mandate. Comprehensive market Intelligence will be required to inform stakeholders and shape firm level and product strategy (e.g. aggregating flow/industry data, monitoring product trends & competitors, identifying trends and understanding their implications for the firm, our clients and competitors, mapping threats & opportunities). Additionally, the candidate will need to build simple economic models to demonstrate financial implications and create visualizations to highlight key messages.
Strong communication skills will also be critical to success. The Head of ESG Product, Strategy & Analytics will need to navigate the organization, partner with multiple stakeholders (e.g. Investments, Product, Distribution, Portfolio Specialists, Marketing, Legal), gain support for ideas & initiatives and disseminate information across the firm.
- Work with the Head of ESG Enablement to develop a comprehensive ESG strategy for T. Rowe Price that thoughtfully connects our corporate ESG position, investment approach, global product range, regulatory engagement, and go-to-market approach across client segments and regions.
- Design & deliver market intelligence reports to cover ESG investment market trends and insights. Conduct competitor deep dives as appropriate.
- Design and deliver regular reports/analysis to track the Company’s progress versus internal, strategic objectives and competitors.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of client needs and product trends across the globe – often utilizing industry data and client trends/views to develop a perspective.
- Conduct recurring ESG Assessments, analyzing the firm’s ESG risks and opportunities on an on-going basis and identify new trends
- Conduct ad-hoc deep ESG related strategic projects as appropriate
- Understand and recommend on where and how T. Rowe Price is best equipped to participate in the ESG space. Collaborate with Global Product, Distribution teams and Investment Leadership to share your insights and inform our go-forward product strategy & the creation of product roadmaps (including consideration of different geographies and vehicle types).
- Work with colleagues across the firm to execute product strategy/road map.
- For existing products, develop and execute appropriate action plans through regular product health checks, with the support and agreement of the respective Investments division.
- Work with other teams in the Product Group and respective Investments divisions to manage capacity, vehicle features and optimal pricing for the ESG products.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of related experience
- Clear understanding of ESG space
- Clear understanding of investment strategies, markets, and competitive offerings
- Management consulting, banking, asset management or similar background.
- Strong analytical, research, and written/verbal communication skills; strong attention to detail.
- Experience in leading complex projects involving a wide group of senior stakeholders
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; ability to learn new software applications quickly such as databases and web applications. Numerate with basic financial modelling capability.
- Knowledge of investment and ESG data sets such as Broadridge and Morningstar, preferred.
- Ability to successfully operate in a matrixed structure; valuing collaboration & partnership to deliver and execute on strategic plans
- Polished executive presence with the capability to project credibility and gain trust and respect at all levels, internally and externally.
- Professional curiosity to identify and drive new ideas of opportunity.
- Proven ability to “connect the dots” and understand relationships between various facts, ideas, and objectives.
- Ability to manage time and shifting priorities effectively while in a challenging operating environment, and under minimal guidance
FINRA licenses are not required and will not be supported for this role.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.