Symbiotics is the leading market access platform for impact investing, dedicated to private markets in emerging and frontier economies. The group offers investments, asset management and capacity building services.
Symbiotics Investments focuses on loan origination and bond issuance. It currently employs 100 people and is headquartered in Geneva, with offices in London, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Singapore, Cape Town, New Delhi and Yerevan. Our affiliates in London and Amsterdam are both regulated entities, with relevant investment firm licenses for the United Kingdom and the European Union respectively.
Since 2005, Symbiotics Investments has originated 7,662 investments representing more than USD 9.6 billion for 579 companies in 95 countries.
We are a fast-growing, market-leading company, offering a dynamic work environment in the growing impact investment space. Our people are our biggest competitive advantage.
We believe that in order to recruit the best professionals all applications must be reviewed equally. For this reason, we will not require personal data such as photos, date of birth or gender to be included on CV applications.
We are looking for
An Intern to assist the investment analysts of the East Asia region in the monitoring of financial and ESG performances for institutions located in the region.
The Intern will have a unique opportunity to be introduced to the impact investment industry through working with one of the global leaders in sustainable private debt.
The internship will last 10 weeks from May to July 2024.
- Support the investment analysts in the production of market/industry research reports (accuracy, completeness, timeliness) for countries in portfolio.
Institution Due Diligence
- Maintenance of all data required for the opening, clearing and updating of FI Account and KYC process for institutions in the region
- Inputting of audited financial statements and liability information report for investees in the region
- Opportunity to receive on the job training from experienced Investment Analysts
- Support investment analysts in the monitoring of investee risk through monthly reports (timely reception, initial review)
We are looking for a person with an interest in Impact Investments, Development Finance or Microfinance, who is organized, motivated, professional and able to work in both research and financial capacities.
More specifically, we have the following requirements:
- You must be enrolled in a degree program. Master’s students, Honors students and 2nd- 3rd year students invited to apply.
- Ideally, you are enrolled in an Economics, Development Finance, Commerce, Accounting or Development Studies program
- You are fluent in English
- You are analytical, pay great attention to detail and have the ability to work independently
What makes us different?
- The chance to contribute to improving the lives of people in emerging and frontier countries, to work towards supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- A flexible work environment with colleagues from 41 countries
- The opportunity to become part of a growing business that pushes you to excel every day while having a positive impact on others