About The Role
The Product Strategy and Development (PSD) team oversees product development and innovation; and manages Sustainalytics’ product portfolio in alignment with corporate priorities. The team is seeking a seasoned professional to support the development, commercialization and maintenance of a suite of strategically important ESG research products that support Morningstar and Sustainalytics’ clients growing needs for impact and Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) data and insights.
The ESG Research Product Manager will be a key member of a small and flexible team within the PSD. The Product Manager will be responsible for managing the development of new product features; supporting client and sales teams to achieve commercial goals; and collaborating with internal teams to build robust and efficient operational processes that improve and ensure product quality. The role blends strategic product management functions with overseeing product feature implementation while working with internal stakeholders across the company.
Overall, this multifaceted role requires someone who excels in a dynamic environment, has strong analytical and project management skills, is a creative problem solver and an exceptional communicator. The ideal candidate is experienced in ESG research product development. You will join a dynamic and strategically important team and contribute to the development of a vibrant community of product managers at Sustainalytics.
- Lead the execution of the product roadmaps, collaborating with internal stakeholders (including methodology, research, IT, and product operations) and project managing the development lifecycle for new features in order to bring them to market.
- Support the development and maintenance of the product vision and roadmap to ensure a competitive offering that aligns with evolving market needs and corporate priorities.
- Act as an expert on our Impact products, responding to inquiries and providing advice to clients and client teams on the value and utility of the product.
- Provide insights on the ESG/impact market landscape and work with commercial teams to understand client needs in order to inform product strategy and development priorities; translate insights into actionable product enhancements.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, especially related to ESG, sustainability and/or impact research, impact measurement, and/or impact investing.
- Master’s degree in related discipline (business, economics, environment and/or social sciences) or Bachelor’s degree with the equivalent, relevant experience.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with ease and manage competing interests in order to deliver strategic projects efficiently and effectively, compromising where needed.
- Experience working with data, data teams and software development teams is an asset. Experience developing and executing an implementation plan for a product vision or strategy.
- Experience working with clients in the financial services industry or in a strategic consulting role is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of working with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Ability to excel in dynamic environments where there is a high degree of uncertainty. Tenacious problem solver.
- Strong analytical, data and critical thinking skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong business process/product/project management and execution skills.
- A genuine team player who is motivated to achieve objectives and overcomes challenges through close collaboration and coordination with other teams.
- Alignment with Morningstar and Sustainalytics culture and mission.
Morningstar’s hybrid work environment gives you the opportunity to both work remotely and collaborate in-person each week. While some positions are available as fully remote, we’ve found that we’re at our best when we’re purposely together on a regular basis, typically three days each week. A range of other benefits are also available to enhance flexibility as needs change. No matter where you are, you’ll have tools and resources to engage meaningfully with your global colleagues.
Sustainalytics is a Morningstar company dedicated to responsible investment with over 25 years’ experience in ESG research and ratings. With an extensive client base across asset managers, asset owners and investment banks, our mission is to provide the insights required for investors and companies to make more informed decisions that lead to a more just and sustainable global economy.
As Morningstar’s ESG center of excellence we are responsible for driving both the commercial success and innovation of its ESG products as well as its overall ESG strategy.
For more information, visit www.sustainalytics.com
Morningstar’s hybrid work environment gives you the opportunity to work remotely and collaborate in-person each week. While some positions are available as fully remote, we’ve found that we’re at our best when we’re purposely together on a regular basis, typically three days each week. A range of other benefits are also available to enhance flexibility as needs change. No matter where you are, you’ll have tools and resources to engage meaningfully with your global colleagues.