About Morningstar Sustainalytics
Do you believe that with the right insights’ investors can contribute to a more just and sustainable global economy? Morningstar Sustainalytics is dedicated to this mission as a leading independent Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) and corporate governance research and ratings firm. For more than 25 years, Morningstar Sustainalytics has been at the forefront of developing high-quality, innovative solutions to meet the evolving needs of global investors. Morningstar Sustainalytics has 17 offices spanning the US, UK, Germany, Japan, France, Canada, Copenhagen, Romania, Sweden, Australia and the Netherlands. We are proud to have helped more than 80% of the 20 largest global investment managers incorporate ESG in their investment strategies. For more information, visit www.Morningstar Sustainalytics.com
About Eu Action Plan Products
The European Commission launched its Action Plan on Financing Sustainable Growth (the Action Plan) in March 2018. This plan has three broad aims: (1) to reorient capital flows towards a more sustainable economy: (2) to maintain sustainability in risk management and (3) to foster transparency and long-termism. Morningstar Sustainalytics has developed a product suite to support our clients including an EU Taxonomy Solution, Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) solution and Benchmark solutions. The EU Action Plan team is enhancing existing and developing new products continuously. The position of product manager is for within this dedicated EU action plan team.
The Product Strategy and Development (PSD) team oversees development and innovation of our ESG research products and manages Morningstar Sustainalytics’ product portfolio. The team is seeking an ESG professional to support the management, maintenance, and further development of some of our cornerstone ESG compliance research products.
The ESG Research Product Manager will be a key member of a small and flexible team within the PSD. The Product Manager will be responsible for managing the development of new product features; supporting client and sales teams to achieve commercial goals; and collaborating with internal teams to build robust and efficient operational processes that improve and ensure product quality. The role blends strategic product management functions with overseeing product feature implementation while working with internal stakeholders across the company.
Overall, this multifaceted role requires someone who excels in a dynamic environment, has strong analytical and project management skills, is a creative problem solver and an exceptional communicator. The ideal candidate is experienced in ESG research product development and has an understanding of the EU Action Plan regulations and their impact on the investor community. You will join a dynamic and strategically important team and contribute to the development of a vibrant community of product managers at Morningstar Sustainalytics.
Lead the execution of the product roadmaps, collaborating with internal stakeholders (including methodology, research, IT, and product operations) and project managing the development lifecycle for new features in order to bring them to market. Support the development and maintenance of the product vision and roadmap to ensure a competitive offering that aligns with evolving market needs and corporate priorities. Act as an expert on our EU Taxonomy solution, responding to inquiries and providing advice to clients and client teams on the value and utility of the product. Provide insights on the ESG/EU Action plan market landscape and work with commercial teams to understand client needs in order to inform product strategy and development priorities; translate insights into actionable product enhancements. Keep up to date with the latest EU regulatory developments, and translate these into product improvements or new product propositions that provide competitive advantage;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, especially related to ESG, sustainability and/or impact research, impact measurement, and/or impact investing.
- Master’s degree in related discipline (business, economics, environment and/or social sciences) or Bachelor’s degree with the equivalent, relevant experience.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with ease and manage competing interests in order to deliver strategic projects efficiently and effectively, compromising where needed.
- Experience working with data, data teams and software development teams is an asset. Experience developing and executing an implementation plan for a product vision or strategy.
- Experience working with clients in the financial services industry or in a strategic consulting role is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of working with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Ability to excel in dynamic environments where there is a high degree of uncertainty. Tenacious problem solver.
- Strong analytical, data and critical thinking skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Ability to manage and execute operational aspects and follow process guidelines.
- A genuine team player who is motivated to achieve objectives and overcomes challenges through close collaboration and coordination with other teams.
- Alignment with Morningstar and Morningstar Sustainalytics culture and mission.