Asset Manager | Consultant
Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Sydney or Melbourne office:
Sustainable Investment Analyst
What can you expect?
What we offer is a chance to join a company that is not only winning, but transforming in the most exciting way possible. Our CEO, David Bryant, is dedicated to Mercer Australia being a “people first” culture. We pride ourselves on providing outstanding career development, learning opportunities, rewards and benefits, and we are committed to making your journey with us FUN.
- One of Australia’s largest Institutional Investment Firms
- Great time to join this global organisation in Growth Phase
- Prestigious Sydney (Barangaroo) or Melbourne CBD (Docklands) office
- Great Package
What is in it for you?
At Mercer, we recognise that our most important asset is our people. We offer benefits and programs that assist career development such as professional development support, exam and study assistance and global rotation opportunities which will support you to reach your full potential. We also recognise the value of healthy, happy colleagues and promote a culture of inclusion, care and wellbeing, offering benefits such as flexible working and much more!
- Leading learning and development programs
- Professional environment where your career path really matters and is supported in our global organisation
- Great team environment with energetic and supportive colleagues
- Genuine work life balance
We will count on you to:
The Sustainable Investment Analyst will sit within Mercer’s Investment Management (IM) team reporting to the Sustainable Investment Leader, Pacific. The analyst will play a key role in building Mercer’s sustainable investment framework and be responsible for implementation across key work streams including but not limited to active ownership, net zero, modern slavery, sustainability themed investing, screening and ESG integration. The role will work closely with domestic and global portfolio managers as well as Mercer’s leading sustainable investment consulting team.
Main duties include:
- Lead ESG analytics with a sound understanding of ESG issues and topics across asset classes.
- Assist in preparing ESG reporting and disclosure with an understanding of regulatory and best practice requirements.
- Assist in engagement with external investment managers and contribute to integration of ESG considerations into portfolio construction as well as manager selection, appointment and monitoring.
- Manage queries and request from internal and external stakeholders, and act as a conduit of information for sustainable investment matters.
- Responsibility for the management of the Investment team’s internal monitoring systems, including the exclusions maintenance, manager ESG engagement tracker and net zero tracker.
- Support fund’s active ownership program including super vote process and long-term ESG engagement.
- Support development and ongoing implementation of sustainability criteria for Mercer’s sustainability labelled investment products.
- Keep abreast of industry and market development and best practice through continuing education activities, including developments in the Sustainable Investing.
What you need to have:
- Professional qualifications (Actuarial, CFA, CAIA or equivalent) are highly desirable
- Degree in relevant discipline
- Professional work experience in asset management, consulting/fiduciary management, corporate finance, or a related field desirable
- Prior experience in private markets desirable
- Strong analytical, numerical, and critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated team player and ability to lead across different projects and work collaboratively
- Strong sense of ownership, paying attention to detail and ensuring high-quality client deliverables within set timelines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and ability to present confidently to colleagues and clients
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex/gender, marital or parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Please apply using the link below, applications will only be considered from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal & Bankruptcy check prior to commencement of employment.