Being a part of BlackRock means joining a community of inquisitive, effective professionals who are tackling some of the world’s most complex financial and sustainability challenges. Our founder-led culture has maintained its entrepreneurial feel — we work hard, we work as a team, and we work with purpose.
BSI tasked with pushing the financial services industry towards a more sustainable future. The team unifies BlackRock’s sustainable investment strategies onto a single platform and partners with our global investment and distribution teams to develop scalable and innovative solutions ranging from screens and environmental social governance (ESG) strategies to Impact Investing. With over $475 billion in sustainable assets under management, BlackRock’s differentiated investment platform, proprietary technology, data analytics, deep ESG expertise and culture of innovation combine to offer sustainable solutions to our clients.
Today, BSI consists of over 45 people globally who are passionate about identifying drivers of long-term returns associated with environmental, social and governance issues, integrating sustainable data and insights throughout the investment processes, and crafting innovative investment solutions that address clients’ environmental and social objectives alongside financial objectives.
Your Role And Impact
We are seeking multiple high-energy, self-motivated and organized Associates or Vice Presidents who are passionate about sustainability to join BSI in a multi-faceted and dynamic role at the cross-section of sustainability research, climate analytics, modeling and strategy.
The objective of this role is to support BlackRock’s thought leadership, data and analytics around climate and sustainability topics. The person in this role will contribute to a variety of strategic research projects within BSI, including but not limited to: designing sustainable investment strategies for portfolios, ESG data usage, net zero portfolio analytics, energy transition scenario development and collation, biodiversity and natural capital-related analytics and research, and assessment of sustainable investing trends. Additional project work will include the support of our Transition Finance initiatives such as creation of thought leadership, client pitch materials and executive briefings.
- Develop investment strategies to be deployed in sustainability-related portfolios
- Synthesize outlooks and scenarios of energy transition and climate forecasts from a diverse set of industry, scientific, and government sources and produce literature summaries on relevant topics
- Contribute to written thought leadership on sustainability issues, particularly those closely connected to climate and the energy transition
- Partner with investment teams across the organization in the execution of joint research work
- Review ESG data and methodologies and compare and contrast between different providers; conduct portfolio analysis using Aladdin and python/R tools
- Contribute to short, medium and long-term business strategy and growth plans, including preparing briefing memos, presentations and talking points for senior leadership
- 3-6+ years of relevant climate/sustainability research and/or investment industry experience, preferably with emphasis in climate change, energy systems, and ESG analytics
- Strong interest in investment portfolio analytical approaches including familiarity with investment research and/or portfolio construction, investment processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to synthesize information, summarize issues and think creatively
- Ability to translate complex topics into easy-to-understand memos and presentations
- Attention to detail and proofing skills are essential
- Familiarity with Aladdin or technology background is preferred
- An ambitious spirit that is ready to take on a full range of tasks and pursue additional responsibility quickly
- Four-year college degree
- Location flexible: New York or Washington, D.C.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.