Website Ninety One
About Ninety One:
Ninety One is an independent, active global asset manager dedicated to delivering compelling outcomes for its clients, managing £123.1 billion in assets (as at 30.09.23).
Established in South Africa in 1991, as Investec Asset Management, the firm started offering domestic investments in an emerging market. In 2020, almost three decades of organic growth later, the firm demerged from Investec Group and became Ninety One. Today the firm offers distinctive active strategies across equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives to institutions, advisors and individual investors around the world.
About our Sustainable Equity Team:
We are looking for intellectually curious and thoughtful investors to join the Sustainable Equity Analyst Group. The role sits within our Sustainable Equity capability, the center of excellence for sustainability investing within Ninety One. The analyst team feeds differentiated research into a four Sustainable Equity investment strategies; our flagship Global Environment fund, Global Sustainable, Emerging Market Sustainable and UK Sustainable equity strategies. We are looking to add an analyst to the team with a deep passion and curiosity for analyzing quality growth businesses that are solution providers to the world’s biggest sustainability challenges.
Our team culture is built around ownership, inclusion, and challenge. We highly value a variety of perspectives and mental models, so mental agility and dexterity are attributes we seek to add to our team. We seek to identify long term sustainable compounders using deep, differentiated, and broad-ranging research. Thus, we are looking for a candidate that is developing a personal investment philosophy, has experience analyzing a wide range of business models, and appreciates the importance of integrating sustainability into understanding a company’s long term competitive advantage.
As an Analyst, you will:
- Work as part of an equity analyst group providing industry leading contribution to sustainability research
- Assume responsibility for coverage of a group of companies with analysis tailored to different strategies across the Sustainable Equity team
- Contribute to rigorous team debate to uncover new insights and perspectives
- Conduct deep dive into company analysis, company modelling and lead management meetings
- Have a keen interest in comparability of business models and the key drivers of value creation across industries
- Identify and assess how sustainability integrates into a company’s business model and competitive advantages and consider positive and negative external impacts of the business
You should consider applying if you have:
- More than 2 years of experience in investment research or portfolio management roles conducting detailed bottom-up company research
- Ideally CFA qualified
- Adept at financial modelling; we expect our analysts to be able to build detailed company models
- Experience with deep dive company analysis; an investment case study will be part of the latter stages of the interview process
- An underlying passion for sustainability and understanding of integrated sustainability analysis
Some of the attributes we look for in a person are:
- Diverse background and experiences, we value highly diverse perspectives
- The ability to build and maintain meaningful relationships
- The ability to ‘approach and own’ and continuously look for opportunities to develop
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for learning
- High conviction and be comfortable sharing opinions
- Investment lead and passionate about markets