Bank | Asset Manager
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about Sustainable Investing and in particular Investor Stewardship? Do you have experience in researching the agenda of shareholder meetings? Are you motivated to ensure that voting decisions are intrinsically linked to investment decisions?
We are looking for someone just like that to drive active ownership outcomes through research, proxy voting execution and corporate engagement. Specifically:
- analyze shareholder meetings for companies, working with our investment research teams to arrive at clear voting decisions
- act as specialist subject matter experts for an allocated region, monitoring corporate governance / voting / stewardship market practices and developments
- conduct engagement with companies on issues related to shareholder meetings, voting decisions and sustainability/governance topics, in collaboration with our global investment teams.
- produce research on key related issues identified through our analysis process
- respond to engagement related queries from existing and potential clients
- contribute to reporting on stewardship activities, including update of proxy voting policies, annual reports and whitepapers
- support and maintain our voting policies in various global markets
Sustainable Investing is a strategic priority for UBS Asset Management. The Stewardship team is a pillar of our dedicated Sustainable and Impact Investing team, and works closely with our portfolio management colleagues to drive positive active ownership outcomes. It has a strong background in leading our stewardship activities, having been first established over 20 years ago.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
- at least 3 years experience of working within an existing Stewardship, Corporate Governance, Sustainable Investing or Engagement team in the Asset Management sector
- knowledge of stewardship best practice from more than one market
- experience and evidence of driving corporate engagements with executive management teams
- strong experience of Excel and PowerPoint
- excellent listening, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- degree educated, with the investment management qualification and/or the CFA designation a plus
- fluent and articulate in English, both verbally and in writing. Additional language skills a plus
- flexible, responsive and with maturity and credibility to deal with sensitive and contentious matters with investee companies
- self-motivated, committed and able to work independently, and closely as a part of a team
- collaborative, inclusive, with a focus on delivery and effectiveness
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.