Website StepStone Group
StepStone is a rapidly growing Global Private Markets firm who provides customized investment and advisory solutions to some of the most sophisticated investors in the world. With $570 billion of total capital allocations, including $134 billion in AUM, we are highly diversified in the private markets across the globe and provide creative solutions to solve for the objectives of any investment program. With a culture built on entrepreneurialism, partnership and being a team within teams, our firm offers joiners the opportunity to think out loud, collaboratively.
StepStone is currently seeking candidates looking to gain exposure to the intersection of Environment, Social and Governance (“ESG”) and data analysis. The Junior analyst will have the opportunity to gain exposure to the private markets industry and develop skills for investment analysis, ESG data analysis, impact investing and other responsible investment focus areas. Opportunities to develop an understanding of financial markets and ESG concepts by working closely with the performance analysis and Responsible Investment teams assisting in investment and ESG monitoring and reporting efforts.
- Support the development of ESG and Impact-related materials, including collecting ESG related data for customized presentations highlighting ESG trends and analyses
- Assist with the implementation of corporate and investment-focused sustainability initiatives such as carbon footprinting
- Support the Responsible Investment team in project management, and assist with ensuring ESG initiatives are progressing in accordance with annual strategic plans
- Coordinate with the Responsible Investment team to further the firm’s ESG program
- Support engagements with data consultants to enhance ESG data collection, analysis and reporting
- Assist the RI team on specific quarterly, annual, or ad hoc projects and client-related requests
- Individual and cross-sectional portfolio analysis focusing on market trends by strategy, sector, and geography
- Monitor and report on the investment activity and performance of leading private equity firms
- Timely execute data analysis and collection requests from Responsible Investment team members on ESG and Impact-related requests, including RFP responses, ESG reporting, annual meeting presentations, white papers, press releases, podcasts, etc.
- Support the integration of StepStone’s ESG data into existing database structures
- Perform quality control to ensure ESG data accuracy by leveraging StepStone’s predetermined ESG criteria and thresholds and guiding documentation
- Analyze internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Analyze quarter-over-quarter fund performance by tracking underlying portfolio investments
- Process cash flow notices and track cash movement between funds and our clients
- Review and reconcile quarterly reports, capital account information, and cash flow activity of monitored funds, and providing information used in preparing client reports
- Establish and maintain relationships with global teams and internal departments throughout StepStone
Skills and Qualifications may include:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting, Engineering, Energy Management, Sustainability, or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding or interest in common sustainability frameworks (i.e., GRI, TCFD, SASB, GRESB, IRIS+, IMP, OPIM, etc.)
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Interest in ESG metrics and reporting
- Interest in Global Financial Markets, Private Markets, ESG, Impact Investing
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Promote and demonstrate a positive, team‐oriented attitude
- Dynamic, hard-working and a self-starter
- Willingness and determination to learn and improve
Hourly Rate – $25/hour
This role is a 16 week program with the possibility to promote to a full-time analyst.
Working out of 24 offices in 15 countries, StepStone has a truly global viewpoint. As people are our biggest asset, we offer resources to help our employees reach their full potential. Our principles are based on integrity, transparency, respect and creativity, which together define how we do business.
When you choose to work at StepStone, you’ll find a group of professionals who are passionate about anticipating changes, solving problems and working together to make it all happen. Our integrated global team shares insights into how managers think and operate, as well as how they might perform.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
At StepStone, diversity, equity and inclusion are an integral part of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees and allows them to be heard, regardless of title or tenure. Our organizational community features multiple Employment Resource Groups representing our dedication to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, StepStone does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Developing People at StepStone