Website State Street
Grow your career at State Street
Who We Are
State Street Corporation, founded in 1792 and listed on the New York Stock Exchange, is one of the world’s leading specialists in servicing institutional investors. With a population of approximately 40,000 employees, State Street operates in more than 100 global markets. We offer investors services that span the investment spectrum, including investment servicing, investment research and trading, and investment management. Our global, interoperable front-to-back platform connects and streamlines the investment process to deliver greater efficiencies, superior analytics and actionable insights from portfolio construction to custody.
Since opening our first office in Germany in 1970, we have built a strong presence in the region with a strong local market knowledge and several hundred employees in our offices in Frankfurt am Main, Leipzig and Munich. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
The newly established Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) department in State Street Bank International (SSBI) GmbH are looking for a Sustainability and Climate Risk Specialist (m/f/d) with immediate effect.
- The Sustainability and Climate Risk Specialist will report to the SSBI Head of ESG and have responsibility for directing the design and implementation of sustainability regulatory and industry expectations (including climate risk)
- Provide guidance to SSBI businesses and functions in interpreting and integrating regulatory requirements, with a particular focus on the ECB requirements and delivering against wider climate commitments
- Oversee and provide effective challenge on SSBIs ESG and climate risk strategy, working closely with SSBT ESG, business and support functions
- Act as the go to person for climate and Sustainability regulatory requirements for SSBI
- Develop qualitative and quantitative monitoring (climate-risk metrics) and reporting of climate risks
- Work closely with Research team on climate related thought leadership papers
- Experience in integrating climate risk into risk appetite and and risk management
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the process, products, trends and developments within the industries and sectors and themes researched from an ESG perspective, and contribute to the internal sustainability policy and strategy
- Design, deliver and manage internal sustainability and climate risk related training
- Liaise with front office, business development, marketing and other areas of the business as required
- Collaborate with ESG and Climate Impact teams in the preparation of reporting and disclosure documents (e.g., SASB, TCFD, research reports, ESG Report, SEC disclosures)
- Understand the regulatory demands of legal entities and deliver action plans to meet expectations
- Lead climate risk coordination across SSBI
- Relevant experience with a minimum of 10 years in risk management, sustainability industry with a focus on regulatory methodology development and climate risk. Previous experience may include designing sustainable asset-allocations, running sustainable regulatory change projects, strategizing client offerings.
- Collective capabilities for leadership, including leading teams, giving feedback, facilitating meetings, and coaching and mentoring
- Provide leadership within the space and have a genuine interest in evolving Sustainability space
- Strong critical thinking and demonstrated ability to manage complexity and ambiguity in a start-up environment
- Significant stakeholder management experience across complex organizations, with experience running multi-stakeholder committees and forums
- A strategic mindset with an eye for commercial development and the ability to credibly opine on sustainable investing
- The ability to partner, collaborate, and navigate the organization to create a favorable business outcome while appropriately managing risk.
- A firm understanding of industry standards and regulatory developments. Ability to pragmatically incorporate these developments into the internal strategy and frameworks.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
- Flexible working time
- Attractive pension plan offering
- Wellbeing and health programs
- Diverse Lifestyle benefits
- Group accident insurance
- Personal development possibilities and extensive web-based training catalogue
- Global Inclusion, Global Outreach and Corporate Citizenship programs incl. volunteer work
- Dynamic, diverse, international, and multicultural working environment with English company language
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Job ID: R-725686