Website State Street Global Advisors
Who We Are Looking For
As an ESG Analyst at State Street Global Advisors, you will support work concerning ESG-related regulatory obligations in the US, as well as contribute to sustainability-related reporting frameworks such as the Principles for Responsible Investment. Through this work, you will support the firm’s goals of maximizing our positioning in the market and providing excellent service to our clients.
Select if HYBRID: This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the largest asset managers in the world. We partner with many of the world’s largest, most sophisticated investors and financial intermediaries to help them reach their goals through a rigorous, research-driven investment process. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What You Will Be Responsible For
As an ESG Analyst (Officer), you will report into to the Head of ESG Operations and Administration and will be responsible for the following:
- Project manage the firm’s annual reporting for the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), including but not limited to: interacting with key stakeholders from the Investment, Risk, Compliance, Legal, and Regulatory teams, developing project plans, monitoring deliverables and deadlines, and communicating with the PRI reporting team
- Support meeting requirements of sustainability-related regulations in the US, in collaboration with other teams across the firm
- Contribute to a variety of ongoing tasks and special projects related to the firm’s obligations and/or commitments as needs evolve
- Help draft and implement ESG policies, procedures, and business controls, and contribute to annual reviews
- Assist senior team members in their day-to-day responsibilities
What We Value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Robust time management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple deliverables at one time, including assigning tasks, following up on their completion, keeping senior leaders informed of progress, and escalating potential obstacles
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to details
- Ability to work independently and execute tasks, as well as to collaborate with teammates and build relationships across levels and functional groups to advance significant projects and initiatives
- Strong written communication and verbal presentation skills to clearly convey requests and requirements
- Demonstration of resilience in a fast-paced environment and in the face of uncertain or evolving standards and requirements
- Natural curiosity and desire to learn ESG concepts in a rapidly developing marketplace
- Experience implementing policies, procedures, and business controls
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of experience in financial services
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Academic or work experience in ESG-related topics such as climate change and environment preferred
- Knowledge of ESG reporting frameworks such as Principles for Responsible Investment preferred
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
$70,000 – $115,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
Job ID: R-741713