Website State Street Global Advisors
Senior Business Analyst, ESG Data and Reporting, State Street Global Advisors, Asst. Vice President 520
Who we are looking for.
A motivated senior business analyst with financial and technical experience to support several technology initiatives prioritized to build and enhance the firm’s capabilities around ESG Data and Reporting. Candidate should have from 5-7 years of experience and be familiar with business requirements gathering and documentation for applications within the asset management industry. The person will work directly with stakeholders across – ESG Investments, ESG Product Strategy, ESG Data and Operations, Client, Product and Regulatory Reporting, and Enterprise Risk Management to understand their data and reporting requirements and to translate requirements into functional specifications for technology partners building/ enhancing IT solutions for ESG reporting.
Why this role is important to us.
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the largest asset managers in the world. We partner with many of the world’s largest, most sophisticated investors and financial intermediaries to help them reach their goals through a rigorous, research-driven investment process. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions, and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
This role is part of SSGA IT Application Technology Services who is responsible for providing hi-quality business application and technology services that SSGA’s Investment Management business runs on.
What You Will Be Responsible For
As a business analyst you will
- Document and clearly communicate the business and system specifications; review with business stakeholders and obtain approval for development.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to understand the data sources and operational processes, and data dependencies.
- Maintain project artifacts, document lessons learned, and continuously refine and streamline the framework to implement technology solutions.
- Lead story grooming, provide subsequent clarifications, and approve QA test cases.
- Assist in test case development, review, execution of part of test cases and support all stakeholders during testing activities.
- Knowledge-share the business specifications with development team; facilitate the technical design; and create the system specifications and agile stories.
What We Value
These skills will help you succeed in this role.
- Strong understanding of the relationships between technology, data, operations, and business areas of the asset management, investment management.
- Knowledge on Fixed Income and Equity instruments and familiarity with holdings, security master and reference/ market data.
- Strong understanding of ESG data in context of the asset management industry.
- Deep dive data analysis and data profiling as enablers of business decisions.
- Database experience with SQL or other database languages.
- along with knowledge in the financial markets specifically within asset management, investment management and preferably enterprise risk business domain will be required to build, improve, and implement robust, scalable solutions for State Street Global Advisors (SSGA).
- Highly organized, self-motivated and the ability to work on multiple related initiatives.
- Familiarity with data modeling techniques will prove helpful.
- Strategic thinking, Strong communication skills, at both senior management level and team/project level.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of professional experience in a Business Analyst Role in the asset management industry.
- Strong analytic, debugging, problem solving and collaborative skills.
- Good knowledge of SQL to be able to look up data and perform data analysis.
- Python knowledge to perform quick analyses would be added advantage.
- Any specific experience with data management best practices, data governance, data quality controls, regional or regulatory reporting requirements is preferable.
- Deep understanding of Agile SDLC methodology
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions, and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis, and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance, and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
$100,000 – $160,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
Job ID: R-740905