Nuveen is seeking a Proxy Operations Sr. Analyst to join the Responsible Investing team in New York, NY. The role will report to the Global Head of Stewardship. Nuveen is a leading Global Asset Manager with $1.2T in combined assets under management. The position provides an opportunity to work in a high profile, dynamic and creative environment in an institution with a long history of responsible investment.
The Proxy Operations Sr. Analyst will oversee daily account setup, voting execution, and reporting. The function involves working with custodian banks to ensure full account set up and flow of proxy ballots as well as the monitoring of accurate voting positions, dissemination of proxy research to portfolio managers and interactions with third party vendors on proxy voting matters. Due to its multi-stakeholder interactions and involvement in critical workflows the job presents an opportunity to learn about the intersection of legal & compliance, ESG investing, and operations.
Key Responsibilities And Duties
- Ensure accounts are correctly set-up for proxy voting at the firm, custodian banks, and third party vendors. Audit and reconcile existing setups to identify areas of focus for additional scrutiny.
- Support the Proxy Operations team with development and documentation of standard operating procedures and oversight functions
- Support the Proxy Operations team with our annual SEC Regulatory Reporting
- Communicate daily with vendors, custodian banks, IT, internal business partners and internal clients to determine proper functioning of processes and to resolve operational issues in a timely manner.
- Support Responsible Investing team in the submission of proxy votes and processing of external engagement requests and identifying opportunities for the improvement in the efficiency and reliability of the group’s procedures and operations, including through automation and systemization.
- Support the Legal and Compliance department in meeting regulatory requirements on proxy voting and reporting.
- Support Responsible Investing team with running regular reporting and analytics across proxy voting and engagement.
- Undertake ad-hoc company data collection and aggregation for priority engagement initiatives and other Responsible Investing team projects.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 2+ Years Required; 3+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- 2+ years experience related experience in financial services; setup, onboarding checklists, and bank communications
- 3+ years experience related experience in financial services; setup, onboarding checklists, and bank communications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proxy voting operations, Corporate Actions or investment product experience
- Advanced skillset in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience handling XML files
- Ability to balance multiple and diverse priorities with time-sensitive deadlines while delivering a quality product
Adaptability, Capital Markets, Collaboration, Continuous Improvement Mindset, Data-Based Decision Making, Environmental/Sustainability Acumen, Executive Presence, Influence, Market/Industry Dynamics, Responsible Investing, Stakeholder Engagement, Story Telling
Anticipated Posting End Date
Base Pay Range: $91,900/yr. – $130,000/yr.
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
Benefits And Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If You Are a U.S. Applicant And Desire a Reasonable Accommodation To Complete a Job Application Please Use One Of The Below Options To Contact Our Accessibility Support Team
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in US (other than California), click here.
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in California, please click here.
For Applicants of Nuveen residing in Europe and APAC, please click here.
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (English), click here.
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click here.
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (English), click here.
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click here.