Website Societe Generale
Bank | Asset Manager
Job Reference ID:
- Conduct desktop research and analysis on e.g., ESG market activities, products, client surveys, and regulation developments
- Assist in the production of marketing materials to support the business activities around ESG
- Contribute to generation of presentation decks
- Generate and maintain regular internal reports, dashboards and communications
- Support coordination for internal projects
- Contribute to capacity building and knowledge sharing with reginal and international teams
- Support on other ad-hoc tasks related to ESG as required
What You Will Experience through This Role:
- Hands-on experience on the latest trends and developments about ESG and sustainable investing, products and regulatory landscape
- Exposure to interaction with major asset managers, asset owners and distributors around topics related to ESG
- Extensive cross-team work experience with key functions within an international investment bank
- Coaching and a supportive multicultural work environment that fosters learning and growth
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree from a competitive University/College
- ESG and/ or climate knowledge preferred
- Prior relevant work experience in financial services is a plus
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; data analytics skills desirable
- Must be very reliable and pay particular attention to detail
- High standard of written and spoken English is mandatory
- Can-do attitude and able to autopilot with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt quickly to challenging situations and find innovative solutions
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects under tight, short-term deadlines
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Team Spirit – Collective mindset: I favour the company’s best interest over my team’s results
- Responsibility – Performance: I generate outstanding individual and collective performance
- Innovation – Technology: I include technological breakthroughs in the strategies implemented
- Commitment – Exemplarity: I embody the Group’s values.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale’s Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale’s universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale’s Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Societe Generale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
SG CIB is building a regional ESG program catering to Asian clients and investment strategies. The Asian market is developing for sustainable investment; a growing number of companies have adopted sustainable business strategies to future-proof their business. As a result, new business models are being developed that require innovative financing and investment solutions. Additionally, ESG is a key component to the business growth strategy globally with the need for strong regional support for implementation. It is also being increasing incorporated by investors in the region in their investment decision-making.
This position will support the ESG team within APAC Global Markets to strengthen and expand the impact of its ESG solutions and initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.