Website SLC Management
SLC Management is a growing global asset management firm providing innovative and diversified investment solutions to institutional investors. We are breaking new ground with a full spectrum of solutions for a growing institutional client base of more than 1300 organizations. Our history of organic and strategic growth reflects this commitment with over CA$335/US$260 billion in assets under management (AUM). As a subsidiary of Sun Life, we are aligned with one of the world’s leading financial services companies, and benefit from the stability and strength of that relationship.
We are a performance-driven organization with a deliberate focus on fostering a development-focused, inclusive culture revolving around our Core Values of being client obsessed, valuing each other, acting with speed and having an owner’s mindset. As part of our team, you play a role in fulfilling our purpose and making a difference. We offer a rewarding work environment that is filled with opportunity for growth where you will be empowered to meet the challenges of a highly competitive landscape.
Visit our website to learn more and for the most up to date AUM information.
Hybrid Work Model
SLC Management operates in a hybrid environment with a mix of in-office and virtual work where our employees are empowered to do their best. Generally, employees are expected to work three days in-office each week with flexibility depending on their business, client and team needs.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU:
The ESG Analyst, Reporting & Engagement is responsible for the development of ESG-related reporting for the firm and enhancing the reporting over time toward industry-leading sustainability standards and frameworks. This role will work across the organization to build strong relationships to be able to source information timely and present it in a format that meets our clients needs as well as internal and external reporting guidelines and frameworks. In addition, this role will work closely with the investment and sustainable investing teams to develop strategies and approaches for engaging with company management on ESG related topics.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage the development of all ESG related reporting and marketing related materials, including collaboration with various functions and subject matter experts across the company
- Organize and maintain an RFP response library and other ESG related materials ensuring accuracy and verification of content
- Proactively identify opportunities for enhanced, streamlined practices and tools for data collection and reporting
- Manage the submission of SLC’s industry memberships annual questionnaires and other certification-related reporting requirements
- Participate on various projects within the Sustainable Investing team
- Build and maintain a repository of stories, proof-points, and other information throughout the year, for inclusion in internal and external channels such as annual sustainability report
- Serve as subject matter expert on third party reporting frameworks/guidance including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project), Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), as well as global frameworks standards such as the United Nations PRI (UN PRI) and Partnership for Carbon Accounting Financials (PCAF) and ISSB standards
- Support the development of internal reporting including Board and committee reporting, market intel and other related reporting
- Participate alongside Analysts/PMs in company level engagement meetings and discussions
- Manage relationships with collective industry engagement initiatives; leverage available resources for Analyst teams
- Maintain required tracking documentation on engagement related activities
- Act as trusted point of contact across the business for all ESG related marketing and reporting related materials
- Work with both the leaders of the Sustainable Investing team and market-facing teams to identify and prioritize questionnaires and surveys for completion
- Continuously develops knowledge and understanding of market ESG issues, industry trends, and competitive knowledge
- Partners, supports and provides guidance to Analysts/PMs and the Sustainable Investing team to conduct company-level engagement activities
- Utilize effective decision making when escalating potential issues
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant business experience ideally in ESG-related or investment reporting related role within asset management or financial services
- Demonstrated experience in ESG, sustainable investing and Net Zero reporting
- Familiarity with third-party reporting frameworks including TCFD, ISSB, SASB, UN PRI and PCAF requirements a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint
- Analytical mindset with the ability to synthesize and effectively communicate large amounts of information in clear, concise and organized manner
- Collaborative team player mindset; with good interpersonal and listening skills, and builder of strong relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- First rate project manager
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and commitment to meeting reporting deadlines
- Goal oriented individual and an innovative thinker
Why SLC Management?
- Opportunity to work for a growing global institutional asset manager
- Excellent benefits and wellness programs to support the three pillars of your well-being – mental, physical and financial – including generous vacation and sick time, market-leading maternity, parental and adoption leave top up program, a partially-paid sabbatical program and much more
- Pension, stock and savings programs with an employer-paid match to help build and enhance your future financial security
- A flexible hybrid work environment with a friendly, caring, collaborative and inclusive culture focused on career growth development #WeWinAsATeam
- The opportunity to move along a variety of career paths with amazing networking potential
- Award winning workplace culture – Great Place to Work® Certified in Canada and the U.S., 2021 “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor, Award for Excellence for Mental Health at Work – 2021, “Best Places to Work in Money Management” by Pension & Investments
SLC Management is a regulated business, and this means that there are certain financial reporting and trading preclearance requirements for all employees. Successful candidates will be required to declare personal investment accounts and securities investments as well as seek preclearance on future transactions including those of household members.
58,000/58 000 – 100,000/100 000
The Base Pay range is for the primary location of the job. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
We are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce offering wide perspectives and creative ideas that benefit our clients, teams and the communities where we operate. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.