Website Principal Financial Group
Principal is hiring a Senior ESG Strategist to join our Enterprise Sustainability team! This role will help drive forward the Sustainability strategy by identifying and aligning core ESG activities across the enterprise and business unit teams. The role will deliver on key objectives in reporting, amplification and strategy development by partnering with members of the ESG team as well as internal and external business partners and creative agencies. This position will also support our commitment to a diverse and inclusive population, sustainable investing, environmental conservation, community volunteerism as part of our goal to lead responsibility in the communities in which we operate.
Below are some of the typical responsibilities:
- Lead implementation of key projects, support cross-functional workstreams and teams, coordinate across the organization, and communicate with internal stakeholders.
- Support and deliver all aspects of sustainability related communications and engagement to deliver on the global sustainability ambition and vision.
- Support the implementation of a consolidated internal communications and engagement plan, encompassing all aspects of the sustainability and ESG reporting agenda.
- Support reporting on the reach and impact of our ESG related initiatives, monitoring performance metrics, evaluating engagement effectiveness, and making recommendations for improvement.
- Team effectively across other functions in the enterprise, strategically positioning ESG across functional channels of communication.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure ESG communications and cadence are aligned (ex: Annual Report and Proxy Statement).
- Support the development and deployment of a consistent and aligned communication plan that reaches key internal audiences globally, while allowing for local input, customization and integration of messages in appropriate channels.
Who You Are
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of related experience working in ESG related field in a highly matrixed, global, and preferably public company; experience working in the finance industry a plus
- Familiarity with third party sustainability frameworks and standards, such as GRI, SASB, and TCFD
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Strong process and project management skills, detail-oriented, and well-organized
- Strong and proactive communication skills, effectively communicating with leadership and subject matter experts
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point
- Ability to manage, interpret, and report on highly fragmented, often voluminous data
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete tasks efficiently, timely and accurately
- Positive, whatever it takes, and we collaborate to win together attitude
- High competency for understanding ESG topics, including investing and finance,
- Ability to articulate our story to stakeholders
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive pay, benefits, perks and more. We’ll reward you for the skills and experience you have.
- Respect for your unique perspective. Diversity, inclusion and empowerment are at the core of our culture.
- A career, not just a job. Principal is a place where you can learn and innovate. Do important work. Make an impact. And achieve your professional goals.
- Have a great job and a great life! Sure, work is important. But so is your family. And your friends. And your community. That’s why we provide the flexibility needed to find the right balance between your job and the rest of your life.
Salary Range Information
Salary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
$95200 – $182400 / year
How we hire
Once you apply, your application is hand reviewed by our talent team. Generally within a few weeks, the team makes interview selection decisions and communicates those via email. If selected, you’ll receive an email from Principal Talent Team to complete a pre-recorded interview on your own time. Be sure to check your email frequently and follow the steps shared to submit timely.
Learn more about our hiring steps and find answers to frequently asked questions.
At this time, we’re not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States? This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
Nonimmigrant Workers and Green Card for Employment-Based Immigrants
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we’re bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values , benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Need assistance? Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Human Resources at (515) 247.MYHR (6947) or at 1.866.524.MYHR (6947).
LinkedIn Remote Hashtag