Website Second Horizon Capital
DURATION: 10-week paid internship program, flexible start/end date
ABOUT SECOND HORIZON CAPITAL
Second Horizon Capital (“2HC”) is an impact investment real estate company focused on creating sustainable redevelopment opportunities across the United States. 2HC seeks to transition underutilized real estate assets into robust community centers and local economic engines. As a double bottom line focused fund, 2HC proactively remediates assets, works with local stakeholders, and focuses on community impact. The 2HC team combines unique expertise in distressed and impact investing, urban development, asset repositioning, and capital markets to implement bespoke solutions that create value for stakeholders, drive sustainable growth, and enhance critical infrastructure.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
2HC is bold, ambitious, and pragmatic. As impact investors, we leverage our talent and resources to drive economic, societal, and environmental benefits for all stakeholders across our business. With a culture of innovation, teamwork, and integrity, we recruit highly motivated candidates from traditional and non-traditional backgrounds. We cultivate talent, providing growth opportunities through ongoing professional development at all stages of our team members’ careers. If you are inspired by the potential of the built environment and are committed to strengthening communities throughout the United States, we encourage you to apply.
2HC is seeking a qualified intern to join its Impact team for a paid internship. The Impact and Sustainability Summer Analyst will support and report to the Vice President of Impact in special projects for the development, implementation, and measurement of our impact programs and workstreams. Activities will include research, data management, project management, and content creation. An ideal candidate is curious, self-motivated, proactive, an effective communicator, exercises good judgement, and committed to driving meaningful and measurable positive impact.
- Conduct research on impact and sustainability solutions for the built environment, including processes and technologies for reducing emissions and conserving energy, water, and waste
- Contribute to continued strategy development of Second Horizon’s impact programs
- Participate in Impact and Sustainability team meetings and the preparation of deliverables
- Support in the implementation of impact programs and initiatives via project management and relationship stewardship
- Collect and manage data in alignment with reported standards and commitment frameworks
- Draft content for use on 2HC’s website, social channels, and impact reports
- Work on special projects, as needed
- Provide minimal administrative support, as needed
- Demonstrated commitment to social and/or environmental impact, through professional and/or significant volunteer experience
- Passionate about driving impact in communities, with a commitment to social entrepreneurship
- Exceptional research skills
- Extremely organized with meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
- Entrepreneurial, open mindset; self-starter – ability to work well alone and with others
- Excellent communications skills to draft written content and to communicate cross-functionally and vertically through the organization as well as with key external stakeholders
- Ability to work with a small and entrepreneurial professional staff; flexibility in supporting other team members and other functions as needed
- Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism and discretion
- Friendly and outgoing personality, a sense of optimism and enthusiasm, and dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as teamwork
- Fluency in Microsoft Office 365 suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
- Pursuing degree or accreditation in related field(s), such as Real Estate, Environmental Science, Civil or Environmental Engineering, Sustainable Studies, and Social Innovation
- Familiarity with impact and sustainability trends, standards, and frameworks
- Knowledge of impact investing landscape
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. You must include “Impact and Sustainability Summer Analyst” as the subject line of the email – please include how you found out about this opportunity. No phone calls or faxes, please.
Second Horizon Capital is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Second Horizon are considered without regards to race, color, religion, creed, age, marital status, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, family and medical leave status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. This job description is not designed to be comprehensive, or cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time, with or without notice.