Sustainable Credit Analyst (m/w/d)
We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
What You’ll Do
Researching emerging ESG aspects globally (e.g. human capital, natural capital, supply chain policies) while considering the materiality for credit investments & the limited availability of public domain quantitative data
- Carrying out and coordinating strategic engagement programmes with credit issuers on ESG topics identified to be a company-wide priority or of sector-specific importance
- Facilitating the implementation of ESG insights from different sources (own research, sustainable investment team, third-party experts) into sector analysts’ scores, fund design, and investment decisions
- Developing credible frameworks for sustainability-focused funds jointly with investment directors and portfolio managers
- Assessing ESG-labelled credit instruments, e.g. green bonds or sustainability-linked bonds, for suitability into our portfolios
- Collaborating with the corporate sustainable investment team on the development of proprietary company-wide sustainability tools. This includes researching methodology enhancements, ensuring aspects specific to the credit asset class are addressed, and analysing drivers of company- and portfolio-level scores
The Knowledge, Experience And Qualifications You Need
- The successful candidate will have some previous experience in financial services / capital markets (e.g. asset management, bank, data provider, rating agency, consultancy)
- Proven experience and interest in sustainability, with evidenced expertise in at least one E/S/G focus topic (e.g. climate change, biodiversity, human rights, inequalities, …)
- They possess a drive for sustainable and impact investing into an asset class with thin public domain quantitative data
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Data management skills (Excel fluency at a minimum; SQL and Python preferred)
- Experience with providers of financial and sustainability data sets (e.g. Refinitiv, Bloomberg, MSCI, CDP, …)
- Experience with sustainable investment products (SFDR Article 8 / SFDR Article 9 funds) is a plus
- Applicants with relevant post-graduate degrees/qualifications will receive preference all else being equal
- English is Schroders’ daily business language but further languages (German/French) will be an advantage
We’re Looking For The Best, Whoever They Are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You’re welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.