What we’re looking for
Schroders Greencoat is looking to hire self-motivated and proactive interns to join our dynamic, successful, and growing team for a summer internship.
Schroders Greencoat LLP (formerly “Greencoat Capital LLP”) was founded in 2009 and has become one of the largest investment managers of its kind in Europe. Our investment strategies focus on wind, solar and bioenergy which support the UK’s commitment to net zero and accelerate the global transition to a low-carbon economy. We are the leading renewable infrastructure investment manager with approximately £9bn under management and investments in over 295 renewable energy generating assets across the UK, Europe and US.
Greencoat is now part of Schroders Capital, the private markets division of Schroders plc. We share a combined ambition to be a global leader in this fast-growing sector.
Our 2024 Summer Internship Program start early June 2024 and end early August 2024. The program will provide insight into the renewable infrastructure sector by gaining exposure to the capital raising process from to deal execution, and operation and maintenance of renewable energy assets. You ‘ll have exposure to the day-to-day technical and financial asset management workflows of managing renewable energy assets. You’ll also be given training and introduction into solar PV technology and asset management, as well as an opportunity to attend client meetings and site visits.
Some Of Your Core Responsibilities Will Include
- Support client due diligence
- Assist in preparing investor presentations
- Support and coordinate ESG projects across Greencoat’s private market strategy
- Data management / document management – assisting the team in managing our metadata and master files/documentation
- Contribute to portfolio wide initiatives to optimize finance and technical asset management processes. Examples of projects include but are not limited to:
FRA – Flood zones – determining where our sites are located in terms of these flood zones
DNO – Review our existing Grid Agreements to extract key asset information e.g. determining maintenance requirements of any DNO infrastructure.
Assets – Determine a methodology to specify the physical distance from sea/rivers
What you’ll be like
- Analytical thinker with a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Empathetic and able to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Well organized and a good project manager
- Collaborative, flexible, and supportive
- Self-motivated, committed to performing well, and eager to develop
The Knowledge, Skills And Qualifications We’re Looking For
- 2025 graduate
- Passionate about sustainable investing
- Experience using Microsoft office suite
- Online application form and CV
- Online assessments
- Video and/or in-person interview
Candidates should be available to start the 2024 Summer Internship Program on Monday June 3rd 2024. The program ends on Friday August 2nd.
The Schroders Internship Program offers a market competitive rate of $32 per hour.
If applicable, if you reside outside the Metro New York, relocation assistance is provided.
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness, or protected veteran status.