Website The SCAN Foundation
About The SCAN Foundation
The SCAN Foundation (TSF) is an independent public charity devoted to transforming care for older adults in ways that preserve dignity and encourage independence.
The SCAN Foundation (TSF) seeks a senior professional with strategic finance and investment experience to support our mission and vision for aging through impact investing. Impact investing is a new capability for TSF, where the Foundation will focus on mission-aligned debt and equity investments utilizing an initial carveout of 5% of the total corpus. The opportunity for additional funds to be committed as the capability grows in value. The Director must have a high level of familiarity with private or public/private investment (i.e., blended finance) and experience in mission-related investing. The Director will also be responsible for leading and supporting new business efforts, partnering to design technical solutions, and supporting program implementation. The Director will track best practices and deploy innovative mechanisms for equitable and inclusive designs aligned to TSF’s commitment to health equity in aging and do no harm. The Director will collaborate nationally with other specialists across healthcare, impact investing, and finance sectors. The Director will serve as TSF’s primary liaison on aging in the investment community, building and maintaining a network of peer philanthropies, corporations, financial leaders, and advisors, positioning TSF as a trusted implementation partner. As part of this role, the Director will identify or develop internal and external technical resources, tools, and experts to ensure that TSF captures and shares the breadth and depth of our knowledge.
- Source and lead new business efforts for strategic investments in aging, compiling market intelligence and opportunities, and responding to requests for information from prospective partners.
- Facilitate deal and partnership development by identifying and negotiating with partners for implementation or proposed projects, drafting technical content for the Board and executive-level review, and providing constructive feedback through the review of technical content developed by others.
- Support the Foundation’s Board of Directors and investment advisory committee in assessing investment opportunities and potential impact.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with other industry partners and foundations in pursuit of achieving overall Foundation goals.
- Represent the Foundation externally on committees, councils, industry groups, and forums related to impact investing, ensuring that aging-related issues are elevated.
Program Implementation and Management
- Execute against the Foundation’s impact investing policy statement, meeting the strategic, financial, and partnership targets.
- Lead or support delivery of investment activities by providing specialized technical assistance that advances TSF’s mission.
- Serve as primary liaison with portfolio companies or projects for impact reporting and monitoring.
- Directly support TSF projects with the development and quality control of deliverables, including tracking portfolio impact metrics and developing internal and external reporting.
- Engage the board and investment advisory committee, preparing and facilitating discussions that ensures their understanding and support of the impact investing portfolio.
- Support the management of external consultants, legal, and financial advisors relevant to impact investing.
- Where appropriate, explore the opportunity for grantmaking to complement impact investments.
- Partner with the executive team to execute on the vision and mission and participate in ideation to help construct initiatives to address the needs of older adults.
- Collaborate with peers across finance, operations, tax, and audit, assisting in diagnosing and solving tactical problems that limit goal achievement.
- Provide mentorship and training to TSF staff on impact investing.
- Work with Director of Communications to promote our efforts on impact investing with our audiences.
- Actively support the achievement of The SCAN Foundation’s Vision and Goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, or business-related fields from a leading institution, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) strong plus.
- 8+ years of experience in an impact investing role.
- 4+ years of experience as a manager at a leading global management consultancy and/or financial management institution (e.g., banking, corporate finance, or development banks). Experience in financial services or other investment advisory setting a strong plus.
- 4+ years of experience in impact investing (e.g., family office, CDFIs, mission-oriented RIA, etc.)
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in social and/or healthcare topics.
- Strong skills in quantitative analysis, problem-solving, and program management.
- Experience with analyzing impact investments from both a financial and potential impact perspective.
- Experience interacting with various external stakeholders including investors, business leaders, etc.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Financial planning and budget management.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder groups, including senior executives.
- Strong diplomatic skills and a naturally collaborative approach.
- Strong presence and influencing skills with the ability to lead without formal power.
- Strong excel skills and ability to work with a large amount of data in different forms.
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter, positive attitude with strong multi-tasking abilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a small team (outstanding collaborator).
- Tenacious/persistent and humble with a passion to learn, grow and strive for excellence.
- Occasional travel, as needed.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
To ensure a healthy and safe work environment, all employees of The SCAN Foundation will be required to be fully vaccinated by January 1, 2022. Generally, you are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving the last dose, as recommended by the manufacturer, of a vaccine that has been authorized by the FDA for use in the United States, including vaccinations that have been approved pursuant to an Emergency Use Authorization. If fully vaccinated outside of the United States, the vaccination must be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO). If you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical reason or sincerely-held religious belief, you may request an accommodation to this requirement by contacting COVIDemail@example.com. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html.
What’s in it for you?
- Base salary range: $125,400.00 to $200,600.00 annually
- Work Mode: Mostly Remote
- An annual employee bonus program
- Robust Wellness Program
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO)
- 11 paid holidays per year, plus 1 additional floating holiday
- Excellent 401K Retirement Saving Plan with employer match
- Robust employee recognition program
- Tuition reimbursement
- An opportunity to become part of a team that makes a difference to our members and our community every day!
We’re always looking for talented people to join our team! Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply now!
At The SCAN Foundation we believe that it is our business to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects our community through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
The SCAN Foundation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Individuals seeking employee will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A background check is required.