Website Santander UK
Country: United Kingdom
Interested in part-time, job-share or flexible working? We want to talk to you!
Join our community.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of ESG Solutions to join the International and Transactional Banking team. You will be responsible for the identification, development, and delivery of the ESG solutions for Santander Navigator to support the development of the UK instance of Santander Navigator and the internationalisation of the platform and its client facing solutions to local market users (companies based in other geographical locations globally).
This is a core dependency of the scaling and commercialisation of Santander Navigator both in the UK and critically as a global platform.
The core initial role will be the identification of market leading solutions to address the full end to end trade journey requirements of SMEs – initially in the UK but scaled with both these existing and new additional local dependant solutions across a multi-market approach whilst ensuring that commercially a key delivery element of this role is to bring pace and urgency to the sourcing, testing and execution of discounted solutions.
The difference you’ll make:
- Leading the development and delivery of the Global Market ESG proposition, linking in to supply chain resilience and diversification, on Santander Navigator, identifying and delivering a network of systemic providers offering discounted market-leading global solutions using San Nav as the route to these key solutions.
- Using global market knowledge to identify the right solutions, to be packaged and sold as value-add solutions on the Santander Navigator by sector and country.
- Working with content/editorial team in the provision of relevant tailored insights and thought leadership to support our overall content strategy.
- Working for the Head of International & Sector Solutions and in collaboration with the Head of Global Logistics & Supply Chain and Head of E-Commerce to identify key solutions and package accordingly to support companies at the right stage of their international development.
- Managing the relationships with key providers across the Group and Alliance territories, as required to generate an effective end-to-end proposition for prospects and clients in key trading sectors.
- Understanding of risk, specifically those inherent to international trade across the global markets, and have the ability to effectively assess, articulate, and manage these risks, knowing where to escalate when required.
What you’ll bring:
- Previous experience and an established network within ESG, along with a record of delivering ESG solutions to support business build resilience, create transparency and drive efficiencies.
- Experience in strategic development, preferably within both a client centric and operations environment, along with an understanding of market trends and the impact on international trade for SME’s and larger corporates.
It would also be nice for you to have:
- Understanding of regulatory framework and environment underpinning international trade
- Strong experience and knowledge in the Corporate Banking, a recognised subject matter expert.
- Advanced credit risk knowledge and detailed working knowledge of the wider corporate banking market and treasury management.
- Ability to enable active collaboration between key stakeholders as well as more widely to support the delivery of key solutions for the Santander Navigator platform and identify and gaps across the proposition and find solutions to fill these gaps.
What else you need to know:
We want our people to thrive at work and home, and we recognise that many people benefit from flexible arrangements. To enable us to deliver the best outcomes for our customers and to help each other develop we understand the importance of having the right balance of spending time together in an office while maintaining flexibility.
By working this way, we can continue to create moments that matter for everyone. To support this, we offer site-based contracts with a hybrid working pattern and we’re happy to discuss specific requirements throughout the recruitment process.
This role is a 12 month FTC based in Triton Square and our current expectation is at least 2 days in an office every week.
If you’re interested in this role but with part time hours or a job-share we would still love to hear from you and discuss these.
At Santander we’re creating a thriving workplace where all colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. We all help to make Santander a workplace that celebrates diversity and attracts, retains and develops the most talented and committed people through living our values of Simple, Personal, and Fair.
How We’ll Reward You.
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs. For contract roles, your salary, bonus (where eligible) and certain benefits will be prorated to reflect your contract duration.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- We put 8% of salary into your pension, even if you don’t contribute yourself. We’ll pay in up to 12.5% of salary, if you contribute as well, and you can take some of our contribution in cash if you prefer.
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our share plans
Learn More About Our Benefits And Family Friendly Policies
What to do next:-
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply.
If there’s anything we can do in the recruitment process to help you achieve your best, get in touch. Whether it’s a copy of our application form in another format or additional assistance, we’re available through telephone, email, or face to face. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0870 414 9080.