Website Russell Investments
The primary purpose of this position is to support the efforts of the Head of Global ESG Strategy in driving responsible investing initiatives for the firm, positively driving new business and playing a key role in client retention.
This position will act as a subject matter expert within the EMEA region, clearly articulating Russell Investments’ responsible investing capabilities and solutions.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Displaying exemplary conduct and living by our organisations Code of Conduct.
- Taking personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct across the business.
- Effectively and collaboratively identifying, escalating, mitigating and resolving risk, conduct and compliance.
ESG Regulation and Policy Requirements
- Developing an understanding of emerging global regulatory requirements in order to aid implementation and future development of Russell Investments’ responsible Investing efforts.
- Assisting with the completion of industry wide reporting obligations e.g. TCFD, PRI, SFDR.
New Business Development (EMEA)
- Collaborating with the global RFP team to develop standard responses to client and prospect questions in relation to responsible investing.
- Working with the consultant relations team to develop third party knowledge and understanding of our responsible investing proposition.
- Working alongside the Sales and Relationship management teams on new business propositions that have a responsible investing element.
Client Retention (EMEA)
- Working directly with clients to define client assignment specifications.
- Maintaining high levels of client satisfaction and ensuring timely delivery to agreed deadlines.
- Taking a proactive stance with clients aimed at understanding, and where appropriate, pre-empting their needs.
- Leveraging Russell Investment’s wider investment expertise by addressing client needs, working closely with the overall Russell Investments relationship managers where assigned and with specialist research and investment management teams across the firm.
- Assisting with the development of ESG related materials that can be incorporated into standard client reporting.
- Acting as the first point of contact for all internal responsible investing related questions.
- Both leading and providing support for internal project work.
- Proactively suggesting and leading on (as well as supporting) enhancements in processes, systems and client experience.
- Working with the Head of Global ESG Strategy to identify, develop and deliver relevant training and educational interventions for associates.
- Undertaking competitor research, running reports / analysing data, and making findings/recommendations from external data sources.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Candidates who are studying or intending to study for IMC or CFA (or other finance related professional qualifications) will be preferred.
- Relevant BSC/BA (Mathematics / Economics or similar) or equivalent is required.
- Experience in the financial services/investment industry of which significant experience will be in UK and Europe is needed.
- Knowledge of ESG requirements on EMEA institutional investors (Pension Funds in Benelux / UK, Insurance Companies, etc) is desirable.
- Extensive analytical experience is required.
- Previous ESG experience is needed.
- Prior client facing experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the investment consulting and investment management industry in the UK and Europe is preferred.
- Knowledge of the pensions industry in the UK, and Europe, including a broad understanding of the objectives, operations and regulatory environment is favored.
- Good knowledge and understanding of all major asset classes is essential.
- Detailed awareness of the fiduciary market, including a knowledge of fiduciary management and how it differs from traditional offerings is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of ESG investing and ESG regulations in UK and Europe is preferred.
- An appreciation of ESG metrics and data is highly desirable