Website Russel Investments
Senior Director, Head of ESG, Investment Management
EMEA/UK (1:30 pm – 10:30 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
Every day, we seek to improve financial security for people. Joining our Responsible Investing team means you will be a part of a passionate and supportive team that believes what we do matters to our clients and investors.
We are seeking an associate to work alongside our responsible investing experts to enhance our Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) solutions and advance our stewardship efforts. The “Analyst – ESG and Active Ownership” will support Russell Investments’ sustainability research, active ownership and responsible investing processes and programs. As a member of the investment division, the candidate will work closely with research analysts, portfolio managers, and other members of the investment team across asset classes, including equities, fixed income and alternative assets.
Years Of Experience
3-5 years’ experience in asset management, financial services or another analytical field; experience in equities, responsible investing, sustainability or corporate governance a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Certifications such as CFA, CFA ESG Certificate or other sustainability credentials a plus.
- Work with responsible investing teammates, portfolio managers and investment colleagues to advance our ESG processes and active ownership strategy as an integrated component of our investment processes.
- Develop ESG and responsible investing domain expertise covering both external market trends and internal practices.
- Support targeted engagement with companies in our portfolios through research, scheduling, question formulation, and outcome tracking.
- Understand, integrate, and analyze proxy voting, engagement, and sustainability data for use in reporting, portfolio management and systematic investment strategies across a range of asset classes.
- Contribute to ESG and sustainability research with aim of strengthening active ownership and investment processes. This includes research on sustainability themes such as climate change, human capital, and governance.
- Assist in the development and implementation of ESG, responsible investing and sustainability risks policies and practices by collaborating with investment, risk, technology, and client-facing teams.
- Support the production of client materials, reporting, and communications to internal and external stakeholders.
- High interest in acquiring domain expertise in the sustainable investing landscape
- Knowledge of MS Office including Excel. Power BI and programming languages such as Python, SQL. R and/or MATLAB a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet frequent deadlines,
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.