Are you an Msc student interested in sustainable investing in asset management? Robeco’s Sustainable Investing (SI) Center of Expertise has an internship program where students can work on different aspects of the sustainability investing research space. Robeco’s responsible investment approach ranks number one in ShareAction’s latest Responsible Investment Benchmark report.You can get a taste of it by becoming one of our SI interns.
Starting date: January 2024
Duration: 4-6 months
The Active Ownership team conducts engagement with more than 200 companies in our investment portfolio to encourage companies to improve their performance on environmental, social and governance (ESG). Interns support this process by taking part in the baseline research project group that defines the engagement objectives. The projects typically take 4 to 6 months and the interns are an integral part of the project working group, delivering significant research output for our clients. You will also participate in the conference calls with the companies we invest in to discuss their sustainability strategy.
The internship covers various aspects of the sustainability investing research space. Interns will be involved in individual company review on sustainability performance and engagement research by conducting a peer group analysis of companies’ performance on a broad range of sustainability topics such as environmental management, human rights or corporate governance in a project group.
What we’re looking for
- We are interested to work with final stage MSc students from a broad range of studies from environmental science, sociology, biology, data science to business administration, marketing and finance.
- Skills in company research and analysis skills, writing skills, ability to discern broad/vague information, communication skills, understanding of and ability to work in a diverse environment.
- Availability to work full time (40 hours per week) on-site for a period of 4-6 months.
- All the internship vacancies at Robeco in Rotterdam are open to students enrolled at a university during the entire duration of their internship. Our interns must also be eligible for a residence permit to do an internship in the Netherlands. This means we can recruit EU citizens studying at a global university or non-EU citizens studying at a Dutch university.
How to apply?
You can apply by sending your application at SI_internships@robeco.nl including the following information:
- 2-minute motivation video
- CV mentioning date until you are enrolled at university
- Writing sample that helps us assess your writing and research skills on a sustainability-related topic.
We are only able to consider full applications that contain the information above.
Robeco is a pure-play international asset manager founded in 1929 with headquarters in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and 16 offices worldwide. A global leader in sustainable investing since 1995, its integration of sustainable as well as fundamental and quantitative research enables the company to offer institutional and private investors an extensive selection of active investment strategies, for a broad range of asset classes such as listed equity and corporate bonds. We have strong links with academia, which underpin the research in our robust quantitative and sustainability investing strategies. As at 31 December 2021, Robeco had EUR 201 billion in assets under management, of which EUR 195 billion is committed to ESG integration. Robeco is a subsidiary of ORIX Corporation Europe N.V. More information is available at www.robeco.com.