Website responsAbility Investments AG
responsAbility Investments AG is a leading impact asset manager specializing in private market investments across three investment themes to directly contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): Financial Inclusion, to finance the growth of Micro & SMEs; Climate Finance, to contribute to a net zero pathway; and Sustainable Food, to sustainably feed an ever-growing population. All responsAbility investment solutions target specific measurable impact alongside market returns. They all meet the criteria under Article 9 of the EU Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR). Since 2022 responsAbility is part of M&G plc, the international savings, and investments business, and contributes to enhancing M&G’s capabilities in impact investing.
responsAbility is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment is to provide you with the best possible recruitment experience along with a neutral assessment of your CV and application. Your skill set, education and experience are what we focus on. We therefore kindly ask you to support us on this matter by refraining from putting any personal details (such as picture, gender, marital status etc.) on your CV or motivation letter.
Our company has made significant further progress in the Fund of Funds business and is looking to strengthen the team with an additional motivated colleague in the function of a
Product Controller for Fund of Funds – Impact Investing (80-100%)
The Product Controller is part of the Fund of Funds Finance and Operations Team, with a focus on financial and corporate controlling tasks for products and clients starting in Summer 2023 or upon agreement.
Your Main Tasks
- Coordinate the financial and corporate control process of Fund of Funds mandates, including the Swiss Investment Fund for Emerging Markets (SIFEM), the Swiss development finance institution
- Steer the financial closing process between investment team, fund administrator and accountant of Fund of Funds
- Coordinate and oversee external audit procedures for Fund of Funds
- Support the implementation of best-in-class internal control system for the product line and establishment of monitoring procedures in compliance with corporate and client specific policies
- Manage internal control system and support risk reporting activities
- Support the management, particularly with focus on controlling, product risk and compliance management tasks, business and financial planning, budgeting, treasury
- Support financial and annual business reporting to shareholders, Board of Directors and the various stakeholders of SIFEM as well as other Fund of Fund mandates
Your Experience And Skills
- Job-relevant bachelor’s degree (of a University of Applied Science or a University) or significant experience with comparable relevant higher education
- Solid business acumen and interest in capital markets and financial instruments
- At least 2-4 years of work experience in an accounting or auditor role; experience in the asset management industry and international business environment would be a considerable plus
- Good and reliable knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS), and the Swiss Code of Obligations is required
- Enjoys working in a team and independently; ability to integrate well in a very international working environment
- Highly analytical and proven sound business judgment with the ability to develop and implement practical and compliant solutions
- Readiness to get things done when necessary; ability to work in Switzerland without sponsorship*
- Excellent written and spoken business language skills in German; business proficient verbal and written English; French would be considered as a plus