A leading impact asset manager with an 18-year track record, responsAbility manages USD 3.5 bn of assets invested in over 300 ESG-managed high-impact companies across 76 emerging economies. Since the company’s inception in 2003, responsAbility-managed funds have invested over USD 10 bn in private debt and private equity with companies in the sectors of sustainable food, financial inclusion and climate finance whose business models directly support the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
responsAbility is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment is to provide you with the best possible recruitment experience along with a neutral assessment of your CV and application. Your skill set, education and experience are what we focus on. We therefore kindly ask you to support us on this matter by refraining from putting any personal details (such as picture, gender, marital status etc.) on your CV or motivation letter.
Due to our further growth and supporting needs in the MENA region, we are looking for a motivated new colleague in the function of an Investment Officer Financial Inclusion Debt in Zurich or Tbilisi.
This job opportunity is related to our investment funds’ activities in MENA where you would provide debt and green lines to microfinance and other financial institutions. The position is made for a qualified and dedicated professional with a passion for impact investing and eagerness to support the further growth in the region.
- Develop, manage and grow the company’s financial sector debt investments in the assigned region
- Support in credit risk analysis of counterparties and their market risks within the region, both on-site and off-site, involving due diligence and scoring exercises
- Interaction and cooperation with the risk management team, investment committee, transaction team and external parties to implement and structure transactions
- Manage independently an investment portfolio by being responsible for the full investment cycle, including sourcing, due diligence, implementation, portfolio management and monitoring
- Represent the company at conferences, seminars and other relevant events where appropriate and required
- Frequent travelling in the region will be required.
- Degree in economics, business administration, finance, or a related field; an advanced graduate degree would be preferred
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in the financial sector within an international environment, ideally pre-experience as credit analyst or similar; sound knowledge of Microfinance, SME finance and leasing business
- Strong analytical, writing and presentation skills; high interest for business development, proven commercial skills and firm in financial modelling
- Flexible and self-reliant personality who enjoys and is able to work in an international environment
- Business proficient in English and Arabic
- Interest in and enthusiasm for impact Investments