Website responsAbility Investments AG
responsAbility Investments AG is a leading impact asset manager specializing in private market investments across three investment themes to directly contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): Financial Inclusion, to finance the growth of Micro & SMEs; Climate Finance, to contribute to a net zero pathway; and Sustainable Food, to sustainably feed an ever-growing population. All responsAbility investment solutions target specific measurable impact alongside market returns. They all meet the criteria under Article 9 of the EU Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR). Since 2022 responsAbility is part of M&G plc, the international savings, and investments business, and contributes to enhancing M&G’s capabilities in impact investing.
responsAbility is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment is to provide you with the best possible recruitment experience along with a neutral assessment of your CV and application. Your skill set, education and experience are what we focus on. We therefore kindly ask you to support us on this matter by refraining from putting any personal details (such as picture, gender, marital status etc.) on your CV or motivation letter.
Our highly dedicated Fund of Funds Investments team offers an exciting temporary job opportunity in the role of a
Financial Assistant – Impact Investing Finance Internship
As an Intern in the role of a Financial Assistant you are part of the Fund of Funds Investments Team where you will focus on investment portfolio finance and controlling tasks.
This full-time, 18-months position starts in spring 2023.
Your Main Tasks
- Monitor financial performance of portfolio investments (funds and other financial intermediaries, as well as underlying investment companies)
- Ensure reporting quality of investees (under IFRS and IPEV) and follow up of information in coordination with the deal lead
- Analyze and process financial information provided by investees, review and plausibility check of underlying asset valuations
- Valuation of portfolio investments and support consolidation of asset value in fund of funds
- Ensure quality of procedures and information through regular maintenance of internal databases
- Secure data consistency among different parties, i.e. client, fund administrator
- Analyze portfolio data and support reporting to the team and various stakeholders on an ad hoc basis
- Assist in the preparation of the statement of investments and regular portfolio reporting to the board of directors and shareholders on a quarterly basis
- Provide active support in the improvement, development and implementation of operational procedures and workflows
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial statements and support audit processes
Your Experience And Skills
- Relevant bachelor degree, preferably in business or economics with solid analytical acumen and interest in capital markets and financial instruments
- Good understanding of business valuation methodologies and techniques; good accounting knowledge, IFRS would be considered as an asset
- Excellent excel skills are required; knowledge of eFront would be a plus
- Very good written and spoken German and English skills
- Good organizational skills with in-depth understanding of the importance of confidential and restricted information and the ability to handle it with the necessary discretion and care
- Self-motivated, autonomous and proactive personality who enjoys working in and being part of a culturally diverse team and relevant working environment; strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical problem solving skills with sound business judgment and an eye for high-quality work with attention to detail, even when under pressure
- Ability to work in Switzerland without sponsorship