Website responsAbility Investments
responsAbility Investments AG is a leading impact asset manager specializing in private market investments across three investment themes to directly contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): Financial Inclusion, to finance the growth of Micro & SMEs; Climate Finance, to contribute to a net zero pathway; and Sustainable Food, to sustainably feed an ever-growing population. All responsAbility investment solutions target specific measurable impact alongside market returns. They all meet the criteria under Article 9 of the EU Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR). Since 2022 responsAbility is part of M&G plc, the international savings, and investments business, and contributes to enhancing M&G’s capabilities in impact investing.
responsAbility is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment is to provide you with the best possible recruitment experience along with a neutral assessment of your CV and application. Your skill set, education and experience are what we focus on. We therefore kindly ask you to support us on this matter by refraining from putting any personal details (such as picture, gender, marital status etc.) on your CV or motivation letter.
The Impact & ESG Department at responsAbility is responsible for managing and measuring the social and climate-related impact achieved by our investment activities, as well as examining ESG risks across our portfolio companies. With the impact investing industry growing rapidly, the ability to properly assess impact is critical for the long-term growth of the sector, and essential to an organisation like responsAbility that is dedicated to catalysing development.
In this team, and specifically in the business area for Climate Finance, we offer an interesting opportunity for a motivated
Data Analyst – Internship for Climate Finance – Impact Investing
The position is made for candidates with sound relevant training, a strong flair for numbers and analytics as well as true interest in impact investing in emerging markets.
Start date: 1 September 2023.
Duration of internship: 4-6 months.
Your Main Tasks
- Support the team in pre-processing and integrating climate data into the proprietary analysis tools.
- Proposing solutions for automating and facilitating processes in monthly reporting cycles.
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of the climate impact analysis tools and conduct quality checks on its outputs.
- Provide support on preparing periodic Impact reports and investor requests, due diligence activities, etc., based on climate data.
Your Experience And Skills
- Studying for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field or comparable education and basic training, combined with a demonstrable interest in sustainability and impact investing. Knowledge of the basics of carbon reporting would be a plus.
- Strong analytical skills, as well as full proficiency with Excel are essential. Good knowledge of at least one programming language, and working in the respective IDEs.
- Some experience in data cleaning and manipulation. First work experience in a data-oriented role would be helpful.
- Business proficiency in spoken and written English.
- High degree of initiative, reliability, and willingness to learn as well as ability to take responsibility and ownership of data management processes.
- Enjoys and is able to work successfully and with ease with others in multi-cultural teams and settings.