What is the opportunity?
As the Senior Director, Environmental Impact, you will play a critical role in leading the environmental philanthropy portfolio at an enterprise level for RBC and the RBC Foundation. Driving brand, business, employee and societal impact, you will create and foster partnerships with the not-for-profit and charitable sector on areas critical to accelerating the transition to a greener economy and act as a SME to support local, regional and global efforts.
What will you do?
- Oversee RBC’s environmental granting portfolio, including budget, relationship management, external engagements.
- Liaise with key internal partners in business and functional areas to drive alignment of investment to other enterprise efforts.
- Shape employee learning and engagement on environmental issues and work closely with brand and communications to drive positive attribution for efforts.
- Lead a small team of donations managers to ensure key signature initiatives are developed and effective and that local efforts globally align to the narrative.
What do you need to succeed?
- 12-15 years of senior level experience in corporate philanthropy, government or environmental NGOs focused on climate, nature and biodiversity
- Demonstrated leadership experience in large complex organizations
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a track record of building effective partnerships
- Proficient at data and evaluation metrics and communicating impact
- Experience in granting and philanthropic partnerships
What’s in it for you?
Whether it’s developing new skills, opportunities to innovate and grow, modern and comprehensive benefits, or the flexibility to enjoy the moments that matter, at RBC you have everything you need at your fingertips to build your career and life and make it yours.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards package that prioritizes your overall wellbeing, including flexible and modern benefits and competitive compensation.
- A supportive, inclusive culture and team that celebrates your unique perspectives, background and experience so you can bring your whole self to work, every day.
- Leaders who are invested in your success and provide opportunities to learn, to grow and to try new things.
- Flexible work arrangements and leaders who support your needs—both personal and professional.
Building Partnerships, Communicating Results, Data Evaluation, Interpersonal Influence, People Leadership
Additional Job Details
BAY WELLINGTON TOWER, 181 BAY ST:TORONTO
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com