We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$230.5 billion of net assets as at March 31, 2022.
We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force. Headquartered in Ottawa, PSP Investments has its principal business office in Montréal and offices in New York, London and Hong Kong.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Experience The Edge
At PSP, we encourage our employees to grow, forge powerful relationships, contribute and fuel inspired investment launchpads. We are committed to a culture that fosters collaboration and allows us to think beyond, in an interconnected way. We advocate for our employees to speak-up, learn, experiment, share, and be part of an inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced.
About Your Role
As Senior Director, ESG Investment Research, Sustainability & Climate Innovation, you will:
- Produce cutting edge ESG research and analysis across different asset classes and industries and provide thought leadership for internal and external use
- Provide deep expertise in ESG to both the Sustainability & Climate Innovation (SCI) group and the asset classes globally
- Keep the firm ahead in relation with relevant ESG trends, innovation and developments.
- Demonstrate proactive, high-quality and independent expert contents
- Constantly develop knowledge and expertise on ESG topics and issues
- Occasionally represent PSP in collaborative industry engagement initiatives, acting as a subject matter expert in ESG topics
- Collaborate in multi-stakeholder research projects
What We’re Looking For
- Ability to navigate a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and changing landscapes
- Demonstrated experience and strong abilities to engage and influence senior leadership, C-Suite and Board of Directors
- Demonstrated initiative and curiosity to look beyond surface facts and conduct comprehensive, fact-based, value-added research
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
- Drive to pursue excellence and challenge the status quo to seek out alternative perspectives
- A respect for differences of opinion and an inclusive mindset
What You’ll Need
- Proven experience in the ESG/Sustainable Investment field with at least fifteen (15) years or relevant experience
- Investment management experience, either as a portfolio manager, researcher, and/or asset allocator, considered a strong asset
- Deep understanding of ESG, data & analytics
- Excellent communication skills and effective public speaker
- Masters’ Degree in Finance/Environment/Engineering or equivalent
- CFA, Sustainable Investment Professional Certification Program (SIPC) or equivalent, an asset
- Fluent in English and French considered an asset
We offer a tailored employee experience and competitive total rewards and benefits package* designed to attract and retain global diverse talent, reward performance, and reinforce business strategies and priorities. Beyond salary and incentive pay eligibility, you have access to:
- A flexible hybrid work model with a mix of in-office and remote days based on business groups, teams, and roles
- A hybrid allowance to support any hybrid related needs Competitive pension plans
- Comprehensive group insurance plans
- Unlimited access to virtual healthcare services and wellness programs
- Generous and inclusive paid family leave
- Vacation days available on day one with additional days on milestone service anniversaries, and summer Friday afternoons off
- Investment in career development
- Benefits package may vary based on your employee type.
At PSP, we aim to provide an inclusive workplace where we leverage diversity and where everyone feels valued, safe, respected and empowered to grow. As part of this leadership commitment, we strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants and strive to offer an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
This position can be located at any of our New York, London, Ottawa or Montréal offices.
Visit us on www.investpsp.com/en/
Follow us on LinkedIn
Vaccination: We are committed to a healthy and safe work environment. As a Canadian Crown Corporation with offices around the world, we adhere to Canadian and local government guidelines regarding COVID-19. Vaccination is not currently a mandatory employment criteria. However, this is subject to change, depending on Canadian and local government guidelines.